Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
Yep, they don't. The only reason I have not spent time setting up nitdroid on my n900.
i thought nitdroid froyo can make phone calls and gingerbread don't can?! hmm

folks - correct me if I am wrong in saying I 'still' cannot make or receive calls with nitrdroid, I will be happy to try nitdroid.

Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
i thought nitdroid froyo can make phone calls and gingerbread don't can?! hmm

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Do people not read these days?

There is no voice calling in Nitdriod 0.0.9 and Gingerbread, its to do with the voice codecs or whatever that n900 uses either way its being worked on but at this time in your life you have no calling in nitdroid.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
What's the news on the progress of this?

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Probably none. This is the reply I got from when I asked about it. You can come to your own conclusions based on what Nokia have done to/for Maemo.

Thank you for your interest.

Alien Dalvik, like the rest of Myriad’s portfolio, is sold directly to operators and device manufacturers. We are currently in discussions with a number of our customers regarding Alien Dalvik and future deployments will be determined by market demand.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Probably none. This is the reply I got from when I asked about it. You can come to your own conclusions based on what Nokia have done to/for Maemo.
Hmmmm - i mean i don't wanna talk about N*#§ and certainly not with it.
But - i would like to use the Device some more time.
Unfortunately though it still lacks - and always will lack - some essential native apps.

In my case that's a calendar, someone else might miss Shazam, a third one might miss some fingerfriendly excell replacement...

So - how about we (users) buy the app? I'd prefer not to buy it via OVI Store - as i don't wanna give N*#§ even another cent.
If Myriad *really* has an installable Version of their machine - they could simply sell it directly to us (like i.e. Sygic does).

I can't imagine ANY programmer or company spending cash, so an application can run on maemo as well.
Maemo is dead. There wont be new users - as there aint no devices. When my device breaks/gets stolen i know one thing for sure - never again a N*#§ Device.

Long story short - whom but us users are willing to pay for Myriad's software? Besides google maybe - as they will earn cash when we buy android apps.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by 2beers View Post
When my device breaks/gets stolen i know one thing for sure - never again a N*#§ Device.
When mine breaks/gets stolen, if there isnt a new maemo/meego that I can afford then ill buy another used N900. I bought mine for 260AUD, well worth the money.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ venezuela
waiting for alien dalvik for this imaginary project

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
I kinda understand why they would not even consider selling this to us. They have a technology that needs to be bought only 3-4 times by the major manufacturers, and no more. If they make it avaible to a community like TMO, they risk that their technology gets copied or ignored. For example if WebOS apps works on Maemo this would work the other way around. So if TMO makes a bargain and gets AD for some thousand $s, HP would not buy it, as Pre users would be able to use the Maemo version.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by garen View Post
I would say it won't come to maemo. Maybe in meego. So don't expect it.

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego