Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Oh another cool thing....
Which I'm sure the community would be interested in just as mush as an ICS port to N9.
Is the porting of Maemo 6x to OMAP4 class hardware...
One example I can recall OTTOMH is the Galaxy Nexus.
This if course would have a whole lot more challenges than porting Maemo 6x to SGS.
But it's a worthier aspiration IMO, if not an impossible one

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-13 at 15:04.

Firstly I'll correct your previous comments:
-N9 has the SGX530, same as the N900, not the faster SGX535 found in the iPhone 3GS
-N9 has FM Radio receiver and transmitter. MeeGo just doesn't support the transmitter yet (unless it has been solved)
-No the screens are very identical, the only reason it looks better to you is because the N9 has a higher ppi since the screen is slightly smaller and has a few extra pixels
-You call it trolling, I call it being blunt. Android has a lot of Apps and there are plenty which are usefull/must have (otherwise why would anyone waste time with NiTdroid!?!?)

I agree porting Maemo 5/6 would be easier for Cortex A8 devices, but A9 would be a worthier aspiration. The best combination would be the Galaxy NOTE (best phone in terms of specs) and Mer (with KDE) ported...it would really squeeze out the potential which Gingerbread/ICS neglects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
N9 has the same spec with LG optimus black,

and the price is overrated(N9)

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
N9 has FM Radio receiver and transmitter. MeeGo just doesn't support the transmitter yet (unless it has been solved
I don't know how you can solve the absence of an antenna with software. Unless it can be done in the same way as the FM receiver (using the headphones), I wouldn't have my hopes very high up.

@kangal

What the hell is your problem with this comparisons? You like it, buy it. You don't like it, don't buy it. It's a simple choice, stop being a PITA.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
-N9 has the SGX530, same as the N900, not the faster SGX535 found in the iPhone 3GS
SGX535 has better fillrate and is DirectX compliant. That's the only difference with the 530, geometry is the same. 535 is better suited for iPad resolutions hence the reason for its use in the iPad.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
N9 has the same spec with LG optimus black,

and the price is overrated(N9)
You are overrated! You never learn do you?

Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
I don't know how you can solve the absence of an antenna with software. Unless it can be done in the same way as the FM receiver (using the headphones), I wouldn't have my hopes very high up.
N9 has the FM transmitting hardware, MeeGo doesn't have it implemented which makes the FMTX invisible to the OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Pretty sure you're wrong, I'll check later if got a minute.

-N9 has FM Radio receiver and transmitter. MeeGo just doesn't support the transmitter yet (unless it has been solved)
Yes I know. javispedro wasn't completely sure, he needs a N9 to be 100% certain.
He ruled-out N950 unequivocally, it def. doesn't have the right support.
Start from here and read down....
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=39426#post39426

-No the screens are very identical, the only reason it looks better to you is because the N9 has a higher ppi since the screen is slightly smaller and has a few extra pixels
Nope def. a bit more to it than that, as has been discussed before.
Which is why I said CBF'd going into too much detail...

-You call it trolling, I call it being blunt. Android has a lot of Apps and there are plenty which are usefull/must have (otherwise why would anyone waste time with NiTdroid!?!?)
Well, it could easily be seen as that.
Have a re-read of how you actually structured the post.

The best combination would be the Galaxy NOTE (best phone in terms of specs) and Mer (with KDE) ported...it would really squeeze out the potential which Gingerbread/ICS neglects.
Maybe.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-14 at 11:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
N9 has the FM transmitting hardware, MeeGo doesn't have it implemented which makes the FMTX invisible to the OS.
I know that the chip is RX/TX chip, but there's no transmitting antenna built in, whereas N900 had one.