Active Topics

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Vancouver
I was wondering if cleaning the N9 screen with rubbing alcohol would be safe. Do you think it would have a coating (anti-glare or otherwise) that might not be safe to use with alcohol?

Edit: Also, how about the camera lens?

Last edited by Sap; 2012-05-15 at 06:08.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Use google and you get your answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Vancouver
I did get my answer :P
Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post
lick it... then wipe it with a tissue paper
On a serious note, I've seen recently manufacturers advising against the use of alcohol based cleaners and very much so, glass cleaners.

Originally Posted by Sap View Post
I did get my answer :P

On a serious note, I've seen recently manufacturers advising against the use of alcohol based cleaners and very much so, glass cleaners.
On a mobile device, you should not need anything else other than a lint free cloth to clean the screen. However I am wanting to as how dirty is your n9 if you feel the need to use a solvent or detergent of some kind?

As for the manufacturers warnings you have seen, then I guess they may be a little too over protective with their advice. They may beleive that some users might not know the diference between cleaning solutions?

Glass cleaners and other domestic cleaning products do contain a wide variety of other crap too which would not suitable for cleaning electronic equipment and will not evaporate quick enoungh before getting in to the handsets components. The best stuff to use would be neat alcohol (or alco wipes) Metholated Spirits or surgical spirits as these are very pure solutions with no other chemicals, so they will start to evaporate the moment they are applied and do not carry an electrical current. (incase they do start to seep behing the screen)

But again, I would have to advise of using the in pack lint free cloth before anything else.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Tallinn
For screen, i took the cleaning cloth that is meant for cleaning glasses (sunglasses or reading glasses): it does the job well.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Ispropyl (rubbing) alcohol is what I use, sparingly applied to a microfiber cloth. Turn the phone off and wipe entire surfaces before drying/polishing with the same cloth. Never had any problems and it always comes up sparkling.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
next month the threads would be : should i clean clockwise or not and which fingers to use to use keyboard.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
I use wet sheets for glases. Or TFT / LCD Screen Cleaner. This not contains alcohol.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Use google and you get your answer.
All that i found was this

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
I clean the whole phone with 100% ethanol all the time! have not had any issue!