Active Topics

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
ok, thx for all advice, welcome N9 black, i cant wait,

i wish N9 can close to my N900, love the way of being unique,

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
lol, i just still so confused, black or white? or better go for sgs2 or maybe gNote?
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Well, only you know the answer to that question. Especially if you even include Galaxy Note which is far more of a device overall than the N9 or SGS2. (due to far better/bigger/useful screen) I have a Note also and it does more things than any other phone I've ever had. (and does it better than most also - especially media consumption) However, N9 gives you an amazing multi-tasking UI/UX that WP/iOS/Android just cannot. (Not even remotely close!)
To me looks come first.

And the other 2 mentioned above [or any other for that mater] do not come close to the N9's premium presence. And it's not only me who's amazed by this 'looker' - everytime I pull-it-out - everyone around sort of go into 'gaping' mode! - from the bartender to the girl sitting next, to the execs @ a board meet [I definitely/deliberately place-it on the conf. table, LOL!], to the friends/peers/relatives @ a casual gettogether...

How many cellphones ever did that since the iPhone3G?

Qorax

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Yup. N9 does look sexy. =)

Well, Lumia 800 is the same and does have more apps/games/support so I guess for some people, Lumia 800 is the better way to go if the looks is important but still want something with more complete feature set. (or Lumia 900 if you prefer to have a bigger and better (non-pentile) screen while at it)

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Yea.....maybe soon N9 will be able to boot WP, Android, Maemo, and who knows what else...iOS?

One thing I noticed, the more I started to tinker with phones and reading forums/blogs, the less satisfied I become with any phone, I had iPhones, a whole bunch of androids, a lot of Symbian and Symbian^3, N900's now I have 64 Gig N9....and I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with any phone anymore

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vzp916 For This Useful Post:
never really bothered about the applications since the ones i need are already here. i like the n9 for the multitasking nothing even comes close

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
I really like using the N9, but the app gap is an issue for many. If we can access the wide variety of android apps, why not do that? I'd like the options, for sure. And if you didn't want those options, you could simply ignore the entire issue. Why is there so much drama on this stuff?

As for the G-Note, I would love to see a Meego running, T-Mobile compatible, dual-booting option that is on a subsidized deal, and is delivered by a supermodel looking for a physical relationship with me and a couple of her cuter girlfriends.

P.S. That last comment is to direct the testosterone in the thread to something more attractive than competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
never really bothered about the applications since the ones i need are already here. i like the n9 for the multitasking nothing even comes close
Correctly said.
Whatever we need, usually, is already there, for the most of us. Many, like me, do not need any more apps. In any case, whatever I've downloaded - I don't use 60% of them.

Why N9 over Lumias?
Though they both have the same form factor - I yet fell/fall for the N9 b'coz of three [3] main reasons:

1. It's Pentaband... I can use it on all networks / anywhere in the world, especially on T-Mobile [US], WindMobile & Mobilicity [Canada]... their cheaper plan options being the imp factor.
2. MeeGo-H... this OS is innovative, classy, simple to use, intuitive, addictive, less demanding, smart, adventurous... Uh, I'm running-out of adjectives... BTW, "it is different"!
3. MeeGo is Dead!... thanks to Elop, my N9 is unique... very few in the globe will have it, ever... Elop actually did us an honor/favor - in a crowd of whatever, we'll stand apart... isn't that cool? We'll be the Megamind - even if there's a Metroman around!

Qorax

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
why such a competition? after 3years nothing that can come close to my N900,

i wish N9 can do some dirty jobs too,

One of the big reasons I chose a N9 is because AT&T doesn't detect it as a smartphone that requires a pricey data plan. So I'm on the $9.99 "unlimited" dumbphone plan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to narzix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by vzp916 View Post
One thing I noticed, the more I started to tinker with phones and reading forums/blogs, the less satisfied I become with any phone, I had iPhones, a whole bunch of androids, a lot of Symbian and Symbian^3, N900's now I have 64 Gig N9....and I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with any phone anymore
I thought the same thing until I got the Galaxy Note. It may be Android and has crap fake multitasking but it's still the closest thing to what I always wanted in terms of hardware and feature set for my everyday device. N9 is an awesome device for sure but it wasn't enough for my needs in many areas. (heck, to me N900 is still better than N9 in nearly every way except for the low RAM) I guess everyone's needs and wants are different.

I would rather have N9 software inside N8's shell / hardware features. (HDMI out, MicroSD, best camera ever etc etc) A right mixture of N8 and N9 would have been amazing and would have made a big impact. But I guess Nokia didn't really want that to happen.

Last edited by jakiman; 2012-02-16 at 10:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post: