Active Topics

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Knowhere
Thanks for the thread. Lately I was thinking to sell my one and only N900 and to buy xiaomi, coz the camera of the n900 stopped working. Now i have changed my mind, after reading all these posts. I wont sell it now, instead ill give it to the repair shop or nokia care for repairing.

btw, issue is the shutter, the sensor does not detect the movements of shutter. So after opening camera app, it says shutter is closed. Anyone has any ideas on this?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pistachio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The tiny magnet that keeps in place the back stand, you lost it most likely: it is needed to allow sensing the shutter.. Or, the white spot on the inner side of the shutter window is dirty. Or it is the sensor that sees that white spot to be dirty or out of order.

See http://213.128.137.28/showthread.php?p=1196538 for sulutions.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
The tiny magnet that keeps in place the back stand, you lost it most likely: it is needed to allow sensing the shutter.. Or, the white spot on the inner side of the shutter window is dirty. Or it is the sensor that sees that white spot to be dirty or out of order.

See http://213.128.137.28/showthread.php?p=1196538 for sulutions.
Oh, thanks for the suggestion. i hv already cleaned the white spot of the sensor in the past, it didnt work. Can you post an image of d magnet? so i can look at the exact place where to put one again? coz new back cover is almost impossible to find here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pistachio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Look at the center of the area where the stand is allocated when closed. There's a tiny rectangle. That is the magnet.

http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...7&d=1385257606

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
ps
pichlo ...you'll have to tell us the model no. of those smashsum chargers....handy to have a list of compats. that flawlessly work esp. if lookylooing around 2nd hand shops....we all may be passing by cheap opportunity for back up chargers.
I did not approach it nowhere near as scientifically. I saw a micro-USB charger and I bought it. It had never occurred to me that it might not be compatible: a micro-USB charger is a micro-USB charger, right? They are all standard (well, with the obvious exception of some companies who think they know better).

My experience shows me that it is true. Pretty much every charger I throw at my N900 is accepted fine, including the cheapest car cigarette lighter adapters.

If you really need to know, all my chargers are Samsung ETA0U10UBE. Here is a pic of the blighters for your pleasure:

Name:  DSC09803.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  36.7 KB

It turns out I have three of them, all identical. Two from a charity shop, £1 each, and one in a box with a Samsung Android phone I tried once and put back in the box with the intention to sell it on eBay. The picture shows only the charity ones.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Look at the center of the area where the stand is allocated when closed. There's a tiny rectangle. That is the magnet.

http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...7&d=1385257606
I checked my cover, but it has that magnet there. so due to frustration i scratched the white dot of the sensor with a screwdriver, and voila, camera started working with the back cover on. Thank you very much for your replies.

The Following User Says Thank You to pistachio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
The phone dialer bug has been fixed (finally!!!) on my N900 by, after swappolube, cssu thumb, and overclocking a bit to 805 mhz when finally using this transition.ini file and then rebooting! at
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83000

The auto-rotation in messages and image gallery won't function however, until you tweak that and the move around Z axis, as I did in CSSU Tuner : force auto rotation + move around Z axis. Didn't change anything else. Fastest, smoothest rotation I have had.

My phone feels faster than ios 7.

I have no complaints now for over a month. I can pick up every call in time.
not overclocking anymore, i have installed profilesx extended profiles manager. It auto answers after a desired 6 seconds (tweakable) when editing or creating a new profile.Good fix for a slow system causing missed call. The n900 headphone with pickup button also works better than trying to touch the screen itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, nokia n900, supertroopers!