Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by waspy View Post
Thanks wook_sf, edited. I'm happy to swap my proto with a consumer, I just want a working Meego phone!

So can you give me some idea of what I should be looking to do? This is going to the edge of my experience here...
well, i am not an expert either, but, from experience with some other devices nokia was making...i can be 55% sure that at least meego CE will work...
here's what you have to do:
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N950
basicly it's all same for n9 and n950 (i think)
i hope it will work and i hope your internal memory is not damaged, but...since you got proto device for cheap...idk...really
i really hope it will work. (not that you will have harmattan...but maybe plasma active or meego CE)
good luck and...take good care of that thingy, you are very lucky man, even if it's broken

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
actually, you can just download any FW from Navifirm as long as the PR_Legacy is 280 or higher...from your output, pr_legacy 280 is installed so using pr_001 won't work...i'm not sure if it would work but you could try it...
Well the lowest PR_Legacy_280 I could try was 10.2011.34-1.280.1 and that failed as above. Anything lower that you know of?

The 280 may be from the first seemingly successful flash that I made using the UK 40-4.280.02.1 (where the terminal said everything was ok and the N9 screen bar filled up fully but then failed to boot).

Anywhere I can get hold of an earlier build?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
well for 40.2012.21.3, use product code 059L723 as that has a pr legacy of 280...

well for 40.2012.21.3, use product code 059L723 as that has a pr legacy of 280...
that's for the 64Gb one. Will that work?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
yes you only need the rootfs not the emmc so no issues...

yes you only need the rootfs not the emmc so no issues...
Yeah fair enough, that makes sense. Really hope this works, I have downloaded so many roms this evening!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
All the prototype phones are property of Nokia, so you really should return the phone to Nokia. There must be something really wrong with the 'community' when helping people with 'stolen' devices.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If Nokia really wants to track down an evil employee who sold a stolen device, I'm sure that offering this duped consumer a real one as a swap would be a great incentive to get cooperation while helping Nokia with its security problem.

Just a suggestion...

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Can you give the Name of the person who sold this to you? As it has prototype imei, which are not allowed to be sold. So the person can be fired from work for selling old prototype hardware.
Surely Nokia must keep track of prototype device IMEIs and can trivially find the person who is supposed to be responsible for any particular device?

Originally Posted by waspy View Post
Anyone help me with this? If I can get it working I'll just keep it, I had no idea I would end up with a prototype
If it's a prototype then it's probably not CE-approved, in which case it would be illegal to switch on its radios.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
All the prototype phones are property of Nokia, so you really should return the phone to Nokia. There must be something really wrong with the 'community' when helping people with 'stolen' devices.
Technically yes you would be correct but I am stuck with handset I can neither sell nor use, having paid for it.

Morally too it's hazy; it may be the property of Nokia but I know exactly what happens to prototype devices - they end up in engineer's drawers. My friend has cupboards full of old Symbian and Windows Phone handsets (well not so many WP but he is working on WP8 now so I'm sure he has a few Lumias, he was showing me the Lumia 800 that he was testing last August).

Trust me, there isn't much to gain from me handing it back, so I may as well try and get it working again.