My wow moment: I've just installed mplayer and have subtitles support, and play my tv shows smoothly, with all the keyboard shortcuts I was used to when I used ubuntu on my computer.
Now I can go to my girlfriend's home with the N900 full of movies, plug it on her TV, and not be bored

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
When I looked up a business on Maps and it gave me directions and a button to call them!

* Seeing the 3D graphics in Bounce
* Learning about the flashlight-applet (what a great hack! isn't it great having an OPEN phone?)

first "wow"
my dad lands in israel from finland with a new phone in his case
second "wow"
putting on the new n900 he gave me
last "wow"
googlin maemo and finding maemo.org

but my joy doesent have alot of endurance...
cant wait 4 maemo 6

and the best "wow"
selling my iphone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nlaor For This Useful Post:
turning the device off

Originally Posted by bgrigor View Post
One of my "wow" moments was discovering that the N900 can access my shared media libraries and play my downloaded Photoshop User TV episodes over the WLAN. Nice!

Cheers!

Brad
Are u talking about Knots?? I know nothing can beat Knots.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
I come from a iPhone 3G, the first wow was the screen quality of the N900.

Its just so much more crisp and clear than the iPhone display.

The second wow, the battery. In comparison to the iPhone.

The third and for me; most important wow (can you even say that :P ) - the Maemo system. This is just fantastic, compared to the os 3.x of the iPhone.
And of course the possibilities of multitasking on the phone, the display, the browser - there are just so many nice things about this device.

first days "wow"-s:

"wow" is heavy
"wow" contacts are messed up
"wow" sip is not working as it should
"wow" phone is difficult to use

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
"Its just so much more crisp and clear than the iPhone display.

The third and for me; most important wow (can you even say that :P ) - the Maemo system. This is just fantastic, compared to the os 3.x of the iPhone.
And of course the possibilities of multitasking on the phone, the display, the browser - there are just so many nice things about this device."

ok but the battery life- i have no such luck, probally to do with switching the power off mode off.

Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
"Its just so much more crisp and clear than the iPhone display.

And of course the possibilities of multitasking on the phone, the display, the browser - there are just so many nice things about this device."

ok but the battery life- i have no such luck, probally to do with switching the power off mode off.
So youre actually saying that the battery life of your device, is not as good as the iphone?

My usage scenario is, surfing, writing messages, listening to music (that stuff I could'n even do on the Iphone) etc. etc. I dont have alot of widgets on the desktops and such, and I'm mostly using the 3G connection instead of WIFI.

The iphone, I could get 2 days out of, the most. The N900 gives me about 2½ days heavy usage. So it was a wow to me that it would be so nice to me, in terms of battery life :-) - when I expected the worst!