Active Topics

Poll: Did u have this problem?(Screen turns off when getting /making calls in daylight)
Poll Options
Did u have this problem?(Screen turns off when getting /making calls in daylight)

Hi every one......I've got a problem

My n900's display goes black /turned off when am making or gettting any calls in daylight(ie;in sunlight).......
i've to unlock the phone to know who's calling.
Display works fine in indoors or dark places(ie;no natural light)

i've given it to nokia care for repairing and they returned it after 9days saying it was fixed.But it was not.
Again they send it back to the factory and this time they said they kept the phone in daylight for 1 whole day for observation after repairing and now its been fixed.

What the hell wre these people doing when they they said its been repaired and they confirmed it was working???

But when i got it back it had the same problem.
I'm really pissed off.

it was repaired by the factory technical people and still they could'nt repair it properly or test it properly.Why the hell do they call themselves Nokia CARE?

Now i've told them that i dont want it to be repaired any more (2 times is more than enuf)and want a replacement or refund.....

They told they can replace and will try in that way since refund was not possible.

Any one faced the same problem???Please let know if u've

Last edited by s33; 2010-07-16 at 02:47.

Yeah I believe the proximity sensor or the light one screws up a couple of times...

Sometimes when I'm outdoors the screen shows up who's calling and them blanks right afterwards without any apparent issue, maybe I'm covering the sensor with my finger and never noticed it but don't think so...

Hi s33,
Are you using a LCD protector film over your screen. I think some protectors will cover the proximity sensor.

Originally Posted by Phips View Post
Hi s33,
Are you using a LCD protector film over your screen. I think some protectors will cover the proximity sensor.
yup i was using screen guard....but my friend alos uses a screen guard and his n900 is working perfect...both of our screen guards are not cobvering the sensor...

And i removed the screen guard to see if i get any sort of luck....but even without the screen guard it doesnt work

i read in 7772 bug report that the problem is purely hardware and many have got it replaced.

Originally Posted by God_Lx View Post
Yeah I believe the proximity sensor or the light one screws up a couple of times...

Sometimes when I'm outdoors the screen shows up who's calling and them blanks right afterwards without any apparent issue, maybe I'm covering the sensor with my finger and never noticed it but don't think so...
hey u might want to test it if thats the case....coz its a known issue wthich is raised in bugzilla.

type "7772" in the search bar and u'll know about it.....

I have this problem too.. I flash it, i make many things but again no thing helps me!