Notices

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
Hi guys,
after long, long time I'm back on N900 and unfortunatelly I'm really sad about few things. I need to help with three problems, but first of all here is something about my N900:

- CSSU 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo9.1 (testing) installed
- Extras, and Extras -Devel repo enabled
- all packages updated to newest versions

And now about my problems:
1.) Modest
I have six email addresses used in Modest. Three of them are simply huge. For example my work email can have about 15000 messages in inbox. Unfortunatelly Modest cannot handle this amount of messages, so it is almost unusable for work. It's very slow.

There is no option for Nokia Messaging, so I cannot use Nokia Messaging for my inboxes.

package version: 3.90.7-12.2

Some guys told me to install CSSU, which contains patched Modest, which should be able to handle big IMAP inboxes, but I have CSSU already installed.

2.) Mail for Exchange
I'm not able to sync my contacts and calendar from my Google accounts due to 'Error in communication with Exchange Server' error.

Solution mentioned here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Mail_for_Excha...2_is_displayed

is not working for me My libcurl3 is version:
7.26.0-1maemo1

but problem is still persist.

3) Nokia Messaging
As mentioned in Modest section I have no option for Nokia Messaging during adding of new email account. Is it bug, or Nokia just ended with this service?

Thanks for any advice guys. Most of my problems SHOULD be fixed in CSSU according to threads with similar problems. But I still have troubles.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Are you using the N900 with a sim card? If memory serves me right, the Nokia Messaging option will not be available/visible in wifi only mode.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Raptor - for Google contacts & calendar, the problem is (now) not in N900. Google is no longer providing the 'activesync' they used to.
Use syncevolution for Google contacts & calendar (which uses the same protocols that iPhones, etc. use.)

You can probably try other email clients on the N900 to solve the large inbox issue. Being a cmd line guy, I use mutt on my N900, but there are many GUI email clients available.

whayong
oh man, many thanks I've tried it before with SIM, but without success, anyway today with SIM of othr carrier I've finally added Nokia Messaging account. Thanks again

qhubekela
Thank you for your reply. I've tried more sync apps, but without success. Google ended support for SyncML, so it is not working. Default sync URL for Google template in SyncEvolution (https://m.google.com/syncml) is not working anymore, and on official Google support page:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2716936?hl=en

is part about it

"SyncML: SyncML, which is used to sync contacts with a small number of older Nokia and Sony Ericsson devices, will no longer be supported and stop syncing on January 30, 2013. This service is used to sync contacts between your device with your Google account. We recommend you to download your contacts and uninstall SyncML."

Currently I'm trying Nueva Sync, which is working, but I need to sync contacts from one account, and merge&merge calendars from two another accounts. In NuevaSync I am able to add only one account, so I'm still searching for the solution.

According to email, I cannot find any good email app - have you some tips for me? I'm using Mutt on my desktop, but it is not comfortable for me on mobile.

Thanks guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to R@ptor For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Well, maybe I was vague. I was not talking about SyncML.
I am talking about WebDAV/CalDAV, which you use via syncevolution

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
i currently am using Erming for calendar and contacts sync between the N900 and Google. I do get an "error" message after syncing and have not reqlly looked into it since everything seems to be syncing fine.

Last edited by whayong; 2014-09-08 at 19:54.

Tags
maemo 5, modest