Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
you just have to run it with the full path to it:
/home/user/n9Export a.sms
~/n9Export a.sms
etc
Thanks. Now I get "permission denied". As user or as root. Well this is progress anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
hahahah
chmod +x /home/user/n9Export

watch, theres gonna be like 2 more things im just taking for granted that i shouldnt be

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
hahahah
chmod +x /home/user/n9Export

watch, theres gonna be like 2 more things im just taking for granted that i shouldnt be
Thanks. I thought that there could be something like this.

I was more comfortable in doing things like making something executable during the N900 times. With N9 (Aegis and all) I have visited command line not-so-frequently which has led me to forget most of the basics...

But now it worked! I have a HUGE .csv with my 21742 SMSs. Might be a record

yay!
btw you get silver
Code:
wolke:~/Code/s5/backup/backup-sms/bak$ wc -l all.sms
45664 all.sms

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know where the internal backup program of the N9 store the backed up SMS? Seems like the backup folder that is created to Mydocs contains only the MMS. Which is strange, why are SMS stored someplace else?

Last edited by OVK; 2016-11-22 at 18:31.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Does anyone know where the internal backup program off the N9 store the backed up SMS? Seems like the backup folder that is created to Mydocs contains only the MMS. Which is strange, why are SMS stored someplace else?
IIRC the SMS'es are stored in the commhistory DB, so it makes sense that is where the backup is also.
MMS'es are handled differently because the media attachments are stored in the filesystem.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Now this is strange. Backing up messages was working just fine for a while but now I am only getting the following error:

$ /home/user/n9Export sms2.csv
"GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDeni ed: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.106" (uid=29999 pid=3379 comm="/home/user/n9Export sms2.csv ") interface="org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Steroids" member="Query" errorname="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Tracker1" (uid=29999 pid=1254 comm="/usr/lib/tracker/tracker-store "))"
# sms: 0
QTrackerDirectSelectResult: QSparqlError(9, "GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDeni ed: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.106" (uid=29999 pid=3379 comm="/home/user/n9Export sms2.csv ") interface="org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Steroids" member="Query" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Tracker1" (uid=29999 pid=1254 comm="/usr/lib/tracker/tracker-store "))", 4) "SELECT ?message nielainTextContent(?message) rdf:type(?message) nmo:communicationChannel(?message) nmo:sentDate(?message) nmo:messageId(?message) nmo:receivedDate(?message) nie:contentLastModified(?message) nmo:isSent(?message) nmo:isDraft(?message) nmo:isRead(?message) nmo:encoding(?message) nie:characterSet(?message) nie:language(?message) (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tracker:coalesce(nco:imID(?medium), ncohoneNumber(?medium), ?medium), "\u001e") WHERE { ?from nco:hasContactMedium ?medium . })(SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(tracker:coalesce(nco:imID(?medium), ncohoneNumber(?medium), ?medium), "\u001e") WHERE { ?to nco:hasContactMedium ?medium . }) nmohoneMessageId(?message) WHERE { SELECT ?message ?from ?to IF (nmo:isSent(?message) = true, ?to, ?from) AS ?target ?message WHERE {?message nmo:from ?from ; nmo:to ?to . ?message rdf:type nmo:SMSMessage . } }"
~ $]