Hello all!

First off, I am new here and new to the 770. What a great little tablet! I hope that Nokia and the user community continue to support this unique and ground-breaking device.

I have searched for an answer to these issues with no luck, so forgive me if this as been posted elsewhere. The first one is the most annoying. Twice now, the 770 refuses to turn on. I hold down the power button, and nothing happens. The first time, I was able to get it powered on after first plugging in the charger. (I know, you are all thinking that the battery was dead). The battery had 3 out of 4 bars showing when it was turned off, and after getting it powered on, I disconnected the charger immediately, and it still showed 3 out of 4 bars.

The second time this happened was on a plane, so I couldn't plug in the charger. It finally turned on after multiple (at least 10) tries just holding the power button down. Each time, I held the power button down for at least 15-20 seconds, and finally it decided to turn on after many tries.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is this described somewhere? Any ideas how to prevent this from happening, or how to power on if this happens again?

The second issue has happened several times. The 770 just decides to reboot when I close the web browser window. It seems to happen mostly when connected to my Treo via Bluetooth, but it has happened while on WiFi as well. This is less of an issue, since it just reboots and seems fine afterwards.

Any help will be appreciated...

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
Hi, have you tried updating to the latest firmware version? Maybe that will help with your problems.

First problem i had at very beginning (first week of use), than it disapeared.
Second issue i had when web site has weird popups, Opera tried to open and failed.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I wonder if the contact for the switch is dirty. Sounds kind of odd. So far as the reboot issue, that's happened to a lot of people under varying circumstances. The latest firmware upgrade has done a lot to speed up performance, memory management (I'm guessing based on how it's performing now), and has cut down on mystery reboots.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
mine doesn't respond, but its because the system has locked up and yet the screen has gone to sleep. only way to remedy it is to pull the battery out. I'm running the newest firmware too. I think I need to reflash it though.

Treo user here, also. I notice when it tries to disconnect the bluetooth connection, it will often reboot. What I do instead is put the cover on the 770. This will disconnect the connection, and usually not cause a reboot.