Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
This is the one with the red bar on top, and which for some people crashes when you try to interact with the Flash elements on the page. The file size is exactly the same down to the byte, so there's almost no chance it's a different version.

It's "legitimate", but that doesn't necessarily mean it will run well for you.

Edit: Standard this-is-distributed-illegally disclaimers apply.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-31 at 22:35. Reason: Disclaimers

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Seems like most people just want the one with a bigger number, and not one that offers any advantages over the current one + the sneaky tweak..

The Following User Says Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
crc matches the other one that crashes and has the red line...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Far Far Away
Yes its the same TI version

Titans kernel up-and-running, N900 PR1.3 @ Starving 1000-1000

Phone Control Wiki Page

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Reload the page whenever I try to interact with things - so, the same as with the big thread one |:/

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
hehehhe all of us wait someone 2 try it D

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Im using the tweek flash plugin upped my N900 to the android ver10 and it works well on you tube and most other sights. Whats the big deal with 10.1 for the N900... what am I missing if I was to be using that what am I gonna gain? if any thing Id rather have a browser that opens as fast as my mrs I phone 4.. now that S*** is quick... makes the N900 speed in opening apps look like the old windows 95 thing..!! now if 10.1 can do that I'm all for adobe bashing... if it cant.. well Tweek flash will do..

Loz.

The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
nothing to see here. I'm going to bed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Question about totally hypothetical activities: Has someone who - hypothetically of course - downloaded this file, ran it, through, say, strings or strace or ltrace or, say, some disassemblers? If something like this were to hypothetically happen, what would the hypothetical outputs of such process be? (For dodging prosecution reasons I would presume such hypothetical individuals would use new accounts and proxies to post links to such outputs, so as to avoid incriminating maemo.org directly, but also preventing their own tracing without some difficulty. [I hear Sweden has a law that doesn't permit tracing internet traffic through them except for certain limited circumstances, so proxies routing through Swedish servers are probably nice for such things. But I presume such people would, if they existed, read up on such laws.])

'course, like I said, all hypothetical speculation. Just wondering whether or not that would hypothetically yield info to make the illegal leaked version more usable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
You can give it a try see if it works for you by simply renaming or backing up the original file you're supposed to replace here.

If its the "real deal" I don't really know, as I don't really know about these things. Like I said, this isn't "mine".

Works for me, although if the effects are huge I don't think so. No red bars or stuff you guys were talking about over here at least.

Bit worried about that legality bit, though. Can anyone confirm that?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Tags
bircolete, die flash die, flash 10.1, flash is trash, flashplugin, not tweak, or die without, shalazam