Notices

Something I found using Google: - maybe helpful ...

http://www.sygic.com/partners/settings.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FormerPalmUser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
How about using the old maps database? Has anyone who bought tried that? US maps for example?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Braislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by open-collar View Post
I've copied Drive, Maps and Res from the root of my SD card to the root of the internal memory. The app starts and I get as far as entering my product code (I've been sent two, tried both) - but after I press enter after typing the code in it hangs for a while and then disappears. This is using the "Automatic" registration. I am beginning to dispair.
are you sure, you have internet connection? If it still won't work, try manual activation and getting activation code from sygic.com website.

Is there a trial version I can try for Continental US?
On their website I see EU only.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I think the map files are the same as the symbian version maps! they are .pak and .mlm files!...........I`ll try to load a customize Cyprus map from the symbian version and see if it works

You need to edit the .mlm files afaik.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London - UK
Originally Posted by zdeno. View Post
are you sure, you have internet connection? If it still won't work, try manual activation and getting activation code from sygic.com website.
I am coming to the conclusion that it has activated successfully and something else is causing the problems. I am talking to Sygic about it. Several times people have mentioned installing to the internal drive. I have taken this to mean "take out the SD card and install" - is there a less physical way of doing this?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
You need to edit the .mlm files afaik.
yes you are correct....I`ll take a dive on this

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London - UK
Originally Posted by open-collar View Post
I am coming to the conclusion that it has activated successfully and something else is causing the problems. I am talking to Sygic about it. Several times people have mentioned installing to the internal drive. I have taken this to mean "take out the SD card and install" - is there a less physical way of doing this?
Manually registered - and it now seems to be working (although I can't see a map yet, probably because I'm inside a building) - not overly impressed by the way it handles exceptions - a few useful error messages would have helped!

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
for rotation and a lot more functions:
just rename your menu.ini to anything else, like menuold.ini.
the menu.ini is located in N900/drive/maemo/

for fullscreen version you have to edit another .ini file.. read some posts above..
Thanks... for this.. great...

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn