Active Topics

Love it, Works but one thing i noticed after flashing this firmware,

1) it does not really wipe everything. When I reinstall the app eg the weather widget, the icon stay blue until I have to shutdown and restart it, else I will just see a blue square box icon.

2) Also, I was freak out when the firmware update completed with prompt "Update Succesfully" and then I try to reboot it for the first time, I cannot access to the apps and it is blank, and i only can access to the apps on the deskstop. So what I do was restart it another tme (reboot), then everything back to normal. Phew!!!!!.

Love this firmware...Nokia doing a great jobs, look forward for more updates :>

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Turku, Finland
Originally Posted by chrget View Post
Ok, so I guess it's time to reopen Bug #7277, then.

timperi, when you have those issues (or rather force them by turning powermanagement back on), could you have a look at the output of the dmesg command and compare it to the one provided in the Bugzilla entry?
I turner on the powermanagement back on (to the maximum) and tested this thing several times.

I don't know the exact time of inactivity it takes to freeze the wlan connection, but 10 minutes seem to do it every time.

There are no messages regarding the wlan in dmesg after the network is frozen.

Here's a cut out from the end of the dmesg:
Code:
[   63.833618] wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:1d:73:ee:bf:c0
[   63.835906] wlan0: authenticated
[   63.835937] wlan0: associate with AP 00:1d:73:ee:bf:c0
[   63.838897] wlan0: RX AssocResp from 00:1d:73:ee:bf:c0 (capab=0x431 status=0 aid=1)
[   63.838897] wlan0: associated
[   80.339660] slide (GPIO 71) is now open
[  263.410217] slide (GPIO 71) is now closed
[  268.894622] kb_lock (GPIO 113) is now closed
[  269.167724] kb_lock (GPIO 113) is now open
[  990.410614] kb_lock (GPIO 113) is now closed
[  990.574188] kb_lock (GPIO 113) is now open
[  991.597656] slide (GPIO 71) is now open
[ 1049.558654] slide (GPIO 71) is now closed
[ 1060.464782] slide (GPIO 71) is now open
I did a ping www.google.fi after 80.339660, worked fine.
I waited 10-12 minutes, picked up the phone, tried to repeat the ping, but it doesn't work anymore. (after this i saved the dmesg output.)
Nothing network related works before i reconnect the wlan.

Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
Read my post.

Hulu.com would play shows *before* the update. Now they no longer play.

It could be that hulu.com added some ridiculous version checking just recently, but I do not know.
I did read your post...did you not understand mine?

I'm saying that it was not the "900's update(s)" that stopped access, but rather "Hulu's update, prior to the release of the 900's update", that's denying playback.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
The music player is no longer Mutlitasking ....!!!! if you minimizing the music player and click the multi-tasking button.. all you see is the frozen thumb nail of the music player from the time you minimizing it.
I don't update yet, but this may be just result of Nokia response to "choppy audio problem" - multitasking may degrade the sound.

Originally Posted by juaalto View Post
Uninstallation of vpnc_0.5.8-0m5_armel.deb leaves the hack in file '/etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script'. You anyway need to use the 'mv' command to fix the file. I actually recommend nut uninstalling vpnc. By creating file '60_vpnc' your old vpnc should work. If you reinstall vpnc, it again hacks /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script and you can be in trouble again if some future firmware wants to change the file.

One alternative is of course to flash the device, but with any linux competence the manual steps should be the easiest alternative.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=41
Unfortunately the change of /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script by vpnc IS NEEDED! Without it you may have a problem of access to VPN DNS. vpnc add some stuff into /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script which allows your access to VPN DNS.

So, - uninstall and reinstall vpnc... and remember the problem for next release.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
The music player is no longer Mutlitasking ....!!!! if you minimizing the music player and click the multi-tasking button.. all you see is the frozen thumb nail of the music player from the time you minimizing it.

This is ridiculous... youtube still muti-tasking but not as smooth any more. And where the heck is Flash 10?

In my point of view firmware 42.11 is much better comparing to the performance of this 51.1 firmware. The only good thing with this firmware is... the MS Exchange 2003 is now working just fine.
Err.. technically it's still multi-tasking, what you meant is that it's no longer showing you a live preview. And Flash 10 will be out when Adobe releases it, it's not Nokia's decision.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Unfortunately the change of /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script by vpnc IS NEEDED! Without it you may have a problem of access to VPN DNS. vpnc add some stuff into /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script which allows your access to VPN DNS.

So, - uninstall and reinstall vpnc... and remember the problem for next release.
I slowly get it: juaalto's fix puts what vpnc added to /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script into a separate script. I don't understand though whether it is completely equivalent to do so. If it is, then this solution would have the advantage that future Maemo releases would not have the same problem again. One would have to just watch out what a potential upgrade of vpnc might bring. I've also posted a bug report on vpnc, two weeks ago, but so far without any reaction - so we might be seeing more releases from Nokia before vpnc stabilizes.

Originally Posted by colnago View Post
I did read your post...did you not understand mine?

I'm saying that it was not the "900's update(s)" that stopped access, but rather "Hulu's update, prior to the release of the 900's update", that's denying playback.
i think this is either nokia sucks or flash 10 is coming soon

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I slowly get it: juaalto's fix puts what vpnc added to /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script into a separate script. I don't understand though whether it is completely equivalent to do so.
The code is some equivalent, but I can't say about /etc/maemo-dhcp.d because in PR1.0 or PR1.0.1 nothing refers to that directory. I hope juaalto knows something more about udhcpc in PR1.1 and it uses that directory to run startup scripts from it. PR1.0/1.0.1 doesn't have this at all.

(I still on PR1.0.1)

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
Originally Posted by houz View Post
I had this problem streaming via DLNA/uP..Also studders/stalls if i had a network mounted drive. Local play was good.

corrected by going into the advanced options for my wlan and turning power save mode off. this fixed my problem.
houz
I actually tried that now and its still the same. Video shows the image but freezes a millisecond into the video. Has anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot further???

Tags
goodbye, sad sadavyk and messus