Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
So I was updating with NSU which had an error, I tried flashing after only to see that something screwed up the actual hardware number on my phone. So it will not flash at all. What could have cause this?

Is there anywhere in the US i can turn to to try and replace / fix ?

Received the update notifications yesterday, and updated without any error in 32 minutes OTA. Denmark.

Everything works flawlessly afterwards. Transitions nice and smooth. Notifications on lockscreen etc.

I'm so happy with my preciouss......

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by regtheledge View Post
Best feature for me was getting all the original wallpapers back which I lost due to a reset. That and the little swoosh you get when you close an app
Where is the swoosh? I want the swoosh! I tried many times closing apps and I don't have the swoosh. I want the swoosh. My girlfriend is going to dump me if I don't get the swoosh. How do I get it?

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
Sorry to annoy you guys again... but... nothing else I can try to fix the "Updating 0%" problem? Do I really need to reflash how about a reset from the phone settings?
The only other thing you can check is if you've any tweaks etc. installed such as live calendar icon that may be conflicting with the update process.

Do you get any errors when you run these commands:

devel-su
apt-get update
apt-get -s upgrade

the last command will only simulate an upgrade, it will not modify any package.

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Flashing using Nokia Software Updater will erase all your apps, so you don't need to worry about uninstalling things ahead of time.

Check out the flashing guide I posted the other day (though it centers around flasher rather than NSU).
Thanks for the help, backed up with Nokia Suite, also manually copied my pictures and videos to my laptop, tried Nokia Link, but it failed to do the backup twice.

Reflashed with NSU, took about an hour to download and flash, rebooted, put my security code in, NSU said it failed, checked the version code on the phone, looked right, restarted NSU, said it was up to date, but were some inconsistencies. All my data seemed to be there except my notes, notes app gave an error that it couldn't access my calendar right now, or something.
Did a restore with Nokia Suite, over 1 hour, got to the point where it said it was rebooting the phone 20mins with nothng happening, turned the phone off and on manually, Nokia Suite then said all was ok, notes data was there, all seems to be good now.

Thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
The only other thing you can check is if you've any tweaks etc. installed such as live calendar icon that may be conflicting with the update process.

Do you get any errors when you run these commands:

devel-su
apt-get update
apt-get -s upgrade

the last command will only simulate an upgrade, it will not modify any package.
I ran the commands and both were in full success...no errors found. But I do have live calendar. And after searching around a bit apparently PR1.2 implements that features, so obviously that must be conflicting... I had the old school script with both .sh and .conf file. I was able to manually remove them in terminal...
But the update is still failing... :'(
I don't think I have any other tweaks...other than MSN...

*Update: I just realized even thought both files are deleted... the calendar icon still shows today's date... Could the dynamic icon still active somehow?

Last edited by IsaacDFP; 2012-03-03 at 03:48.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
Sorry to annoy you guys again... but... nothing else I can try to fix the "Updating 0%" problem? Do I really need to reflash how about a reset from the phone settings?
Go to /etc/apt and comment out the entries in all .list files (including in the sub-directory sources.list.d) except for the "aegis.ssu-keyring-001.list". Then re-try the update.

Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
Go to /etc/apt and comment out the entries in all .list files (including in the sub-directory sources.list.d) except for the "aegis.ssu-keyring-001.list". Then re-try the update.
I only have two list files: sources and sources.d. The first one only contains itself and the second one only has osa.list with the aegis one. So... how do I add the # in front of osa.list...? Sorry, never did any linux coding Tried to look online, but it doesn't really apply to harmattan code i think

Well I just ended up removing osa.list and... Update still failing getting stuck at 0%...

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Well I just ended up removing osa.list and... Update still failing getting stuck at 0%...
Don't remove system files randomly, it can really mess up your phone and make it unbootable. Osa.list is a system file and should not be removed.