Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
There was some kind of program for n900 (I can't find it now) which allow you to create applications blacklist. You could start it at particular time (quick foto) and block all other applications than camera.
applock? wqesftdyghv

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
If it's a concern, best to not keep private data on device in first place. Or at least secure it with something more than a lock code.
Why not?

I'keep all my work and datas on it as I often move and don't want to buy one more device like a new small tablet or computer as it is not really necessary.

Not sure if it'is enough as protection but the filesystem is encrypted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Hey ric9k, I'm not sure I understand your question correctly. You want to start the camera as soon as possible when the phone is locked? The quickest way I know is to simply open the camera-slider and the camera application will instantly launch, even when the phone is locked...
Actually I just realized today that you were right, I was just waiting for the wrong thing: cameraUI.

Device locked, open the camera slider, press the button and you have a picture, even seeing nothing of what you have in the frame...

Though, it'd still be nice to see the cam UI while taking pictures...

And yes, I still use my n900 to take pictures ... when I don't have my 35mm camera with me

Tags
cryptofs, maemo 5