Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
compiling a module for each app isn°t the road ,and the games runned by apkenv aren°t dalvik apps , even those are using nitdroid modules , not maemo ones
It certainly isn't! You mean that the kernel modules translate the binary code that apkenv can't read? [1]

[1] http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88250

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-03-22 at 18:22.

*silently reading* i hope it can be done in time before 2014 all the best for the team!

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
It certainly isn't! You mean that the kernel modules translate the binary code that apkenv can't read? [1]

[1] http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88250
"ApkEnv is not Java VM so it can't run programs that are made completely with Java JDK."
"ApkEnv can run this native C code but it can't run this small Java program what handles all important stuff. This is where support modules come into play."
if we can move all nitdroid required modules in opt alongside dalvik , and make all work , that would be "THE DREAM"
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2014-03-22 at 18:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
"ApkEnv is not Java VM so it can't run programs that are made completely with Java JDK."
"ApkEnv can run this native C code but it can't run this small Java program what handles all important stuff. This is where support modules come into play."
if we can move all nitdroid required modules in opt alongside dalvik , and make all work , that would be "THE DREAM"
But kernel modules (.ko) and apkenv modules (simply shared libraries - .so) are two completely different things, aren't they? You don't load an .so with insmod.

kernel modules run in kernel space , user modules (so) run in user space . but if i remember correctly the kernel modules can limit what user modules can acces
CSSU-T latest version

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
kernel modules run in kernel space , user modules (so) run in user space . but if i remember correctly the kernel modules can limit what user modules can acces
True.

Userspace libraries are just your normal userspace code modules, only packed in library archive, to be dynamically linked to your executables. No magic there whatsoever

Kernel modules, on the other hand, are directly linked to kernel code, running in kernel space and able to access any kernel functionality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Just a thumb up - while without much hopes, I keep thumbs for this project. It could be exactly what I need to run some older Android games, which would be nice to have on N900 (but not nice enough to bother with Nitdroid and all mess of booting different OS/kernel).

Can't think of any other good use for android "userland", I got enough of that fubar while trying to set up sane android enviromnent for some of my family members

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
there are good media players wich could expand n900's life ,how about kernel guys , give-us a hand here? please
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2014-03-22 at 23:53.

Yeah! MX PLAYER android version, excellent !!

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
True.

Userspace libraries are just your normal userspace code modules, only packed in library archive, to be dynamically linked to your executables. No magic there whatsoever

Kernel modules, on the other hand, are directly linked to kernel code, running in kernel space and able to access any kernel functionality.
So if we can ignore the power management bits [1], which kernel functionaly do we still need?

[1] http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=24

Tags
android, chroot, easy debian, nitdroid