The Media Player Widget is giving me trouble after the PR1.2 update;

1) It does not display the album art anymore.
2) I have to click the play button twice, the first time it says "Buffering"
3) I occasionally get a server connection problem.

I have searched and found nothing can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I still have that annoying bug which starts playing music after missed call. Nice to have music playing in your pocket and suddenly notice it. This happens ramdomly sometimes few times on a day, sometimes it takes weeks.

How f***ing hard can it be to fix it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Blinde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
some one please remove this thread cause people dont do their homework properly!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
some one please remove this thread cause people dont do their homework properly!!!!!
Ali - I stated politely "I have searched and found nothing can anyone shed some light on this issue?" - If there was a topic on this and I missed it during my search I apologize but if you have some information that could help me out it would be much appreciated instead of leaving a snide remark. That being said, this form is a bit cluttered and does not have the best search.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
The Media Player Widget is giving me trouble after the PR1.2 update;

1) It does not display the album art anymore.
2) I have to click the play button twice, the first time it says "Buffering"
3) I occasionally get a server connection problem.

I have searched and found nothing can anyone shed some light on this issue?
-album images work for me if filename is cover.jpg. Also id3 cover art should be regonized
- close media player
- in x-terminal running command "tracker-processes -r" deletes all cached music/cover data
- starting mediaplayer start tracker-indexer (could take couple of minutes to re index stuff, depends on how much you have mp3s and pics on n900)
-wait unitl songs appear in media player (drink coffee )

People have reported that media player widget should be removed and added to desktop that doesn't have any other widgets. Also some users say that some widgets might interfere with media player widget.

Server connection problems? To what server? On what situation? on browser on media player or on application manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
-album images work for me if filename is cover.jpg. Also id3 cover art should be regonized
- close media player
- in x-terminal running command "tracker-processes -r" deletes all cached music/cover data
- starting mediaplayer start tracker-indexer (could take couple of minutes to re index stuff, depends on how much you have mp3s and pics on n900)
-wait unitl songs appear in media player (drink coffee )

People have reported that media player widget should be removed and added to desktop that doesn't have any other widgets. Also some users say that some widgets might interfere with media player widget.

Server connection problems? To what server? On what situation? on browser on media player or on application manager.
The album art works in Media Player, just not the widget. I will try that now, I will remove the widget from the desktop when I do this.

-I have to press the play button twice, normally after I turn on the phone is when it gives me trouble. I only have (1) 43min long MP3 on my device that has album art. I don't remember on hand the exact server error it gave me, but when I would reboot the phone and use the widget to play it would give me a server error, something along the lines of "Cannot connect to server" just from clicking the play button.

tracker-processes -r didn't resolve the issue.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
thatīs weird because i can't reproduce your problems. Hmmm...

Originally Posted by slender View Post
thatīs weird because i can't reproduce your problems. Hmmm...
Either can I, I don't really use my N900 for music (call me old fashioned but I still like MP3 CD's in my BMW, I live in LA so I drive a lot) but I do have a few ringtones in a sub directory, a few recordings in the main audio directory, and 1 full length MP3 with ID3 tags. I am not understanding the server error I am occasionally getting. I did a search and nothing came up, the only other widget on the page was RRS,

If I click on the widget to open the MP3 with ID tags and album art in Media Player - no album art will be shown, but if I open the MP3 with ID tags from the File Manager it will show the album art.

When I start up the phone, I have to press play once, and it will say "Buffering" and then it will stop and then I click play again to start the song, no album art. (I am only speaking about the widget) I occasionally get a server connection error.

The error I get when I press play is "No connection to server"