Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
do you have anything better to do, than analyze my posts and comparing me to your alter ego.

Lets see, what did I say that can offend you.
Nokia N9 has more hardware issues than Lumia800: True
Lumia 800 benefited from Nokia N9 going out first and breaking in the production line: True
Nokia N9 OS half baked: True
Lumia 800 smooth and good at what it does: True

what is the problem with above analysis? Both are Nokia phones. One is supposed to bring bread to the table (Lumia 800), and the other was pre-Elop, the usual half baked Nokia OS that has no chance of competing realistically with the big boys. I happen to own both N9 64Gb white and Lumia 800 cyan. N9 is in the box and Lumia is in my hands. Not because I hate N9 or harmattan, but because Lumia IS better for me, more stable and easier user interface at this moment. N9 doesnt have a chance as a flagship for the masses.
i think you havent read N9 reviews. MeeGo is totally ready to be a flagship os. atleast its better than WP. even engadget which is usually a Nokia hatter loved MeeGo and N9. its a OS which can compete with Android and iOS. dude first go and read some N9 reviews then come and post here.

Believe IT or NOT N9 is faaaaaar better that Lumia phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
interesting read:

"Nokia N9 Outscores Lumia 800 in Terms of Market Response, Reports Internet Marketing Services"
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9210845.htm

and

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...-to-n9-me.html

"Nokia N9 has emerged as one of the most popular phones ever made, in spite of its limited availability."

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-02-22 at 10:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sure. You can choose and pick news.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...rope/?src=recg

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
yup...you can choose and pick any news but you´ll find roughly 1 of 10 feedbacks negative for N9 and 9 of 10 for Lumia 800...simply go to Nokia.co.uk discussions...
matter of fact, I can confirm myself...I had both phones face to face in my hands last week, the Lumia just doesn´t stand a chance...
HW is alright since it´s pretty much identical, +1 to Lumia for a physical camera button...
-5 to Lumia for the damn Windows buttons reducing the screen space...
-10 to Lumia for the whole WP Mango crap...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
It's people like you that ruin Nokia and consumer's needs. Let's go against 99% of the population and shove a WP down their throat. Elop is a stubborn pig that does what MS wants and not what the consumers want. Way to lead a company.
Actually, it's Nokia that ruined Nokia. Elop is an employee of Nokia. They hired him, presumably because they wanted Windoze Phone and were impressed with his strategy. This whole idea that behind Elop there lies 'The Real Nokia TM' is ridiculous. It's like saying The Empire would be benign, if only they got rid of that Darth Vader bloke.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 99% of the population don't give a Flying V about MeeGo. Nokia should never have got involved with it. That's when the die was cast, as far as I'm concerned. The only thing to come out of it is a load of poorly documented meegotouch crap. Even N9 fans don't care about MeeGo. They are interested mostly in the snazzy design and Swipe UX, both of which have sweet FA to do with MeeGo.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Sure. You can choose and pick news.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...rope/?src=recg
Lame article by worthless tech pundit, should just link to Guardian article as they actually had the main survey he references done. When looking at the full survey data, it does not look good.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...?newsfeed=true

For example, Chen states UK went from .4% to 2.2 % in the UK, but this is for WP7 only. If you include Windows Mobile the change 1.2% in 2011 to 2.3 % in 2012, a "change" that might not be real as these kind of surveys have about 3% margin of error. UK is the best case for "growth" in the data, most other countries show much much much lower growth in WP7 alone, or are actually negative for WP7 alone.

For all countries surveyed, if we combine Windows Mobile with WP7 we get 3.3 in 2011 to 2.3 in 2012, not much to brag about at all.

Last edited by pataphysician; 2012-02-22 at 15:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pataphysician For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
I just joined as I ordered my WHITE N9! Arrives on Tuesday, cant wait!!!

As far as the debate goes regarding the N9 as the flagship I'm with Lumiaman. The N9 seems technically superior but for the masses WP7 is the clear choice. If nothing more than the simple reason why the iphone is good for the masses.... its simple, idiot proof use and things just "work". This is just speaking in the general sense without going into details.

I also had a strong dislike for Elop and when he was standing a few steps away from me when he visited South Africa I had a strong urge to give him a piece of my mind regarding the whole N9/Meego debacle. But... after doing some reading up I can respect his decision to go WP.

It was decision made purely on the premise to save the company. The timelines for the rollout of Meego devices was not quick enough to turn the company around. I suggest that anybody who feels that going the WP route was wrong do some reading up before they pass judgement. I don't like it, but I can respect it. I'm sure there was a substantial exchange of cash from MS but that's just well played business from Elop.

That said, if anyone is looking for a white N9 email Jari Hepolammi from Viestimaa. His customer service is nothing short of amazing. Cant praise him enough, brilliant individual.

Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post

As far as the debate goes regarding the N9 as the flagship I'm with Lumiaman. The N9 seems technically superior but for the masses WP7 is the clear choice. If nothing more than the simple reason why the iphone is good for the masses.... its simple, idiot proof use and things just "work". This is just speaking in the general sense without going into details.
The clear choice of who? N9 is clearly more popular among consumers than WP7. It is not for Nokia to force Lumia down consumers' throats. If WP7 is the clear choice of the masses why is its market share less than 2%? Why doesn't Elop dare to sell N9 in major markets alongside Lumia? Now Lumia is being sold with huge incentives which are unsustainable. So much for being a popular os.

It was decision made purely on the premise to save the company. The timelines for the rollout of Meego devices was not quick enough to turn the company around. I suggest that anybody who feels that going the WP route was wrong do some reading up before they pass judgement. I don't like it, but I can respect it. I'm sure there was a substantial exchange of cash from MS but that's just well played business from Elop.
The fact remains that N9 was rolled out more than one month before Lumia. What Elop told the Board that Meego can't save Nokia in time was just a baldfaced lie.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-02-23 at 05:58.

[...]
I suggest that anybody who feels that going the WP route was wrong do some reading up before they pass judgement. I don't like it, but I can respect it. I'm sure there was a substantial exchange of cash from MS but that's just well played business from Elop.
i think pataphysician pretty much did the reading for us; for you too, if you took the time to read his post of not even 1000 characters...

but, hell, a drawing says more then.... 1000 WORDS, right?
http://www.email-marketing-reports.c...statistics.htm

1.9 % market share for m@ke$$h!t
that's not even only Lumia devices;
that's Samsung (the nbr. 1 smart phone manufacturer, isn't it?) HTC, LG and probably a couple others...
how much was it Q4 2010? not that much more, but still more... WITHOUT Lumias

no matter how you try to wiggle yourself out of it, claiming that m@ke$$h!t is the salvation for NOKIA doesn't even qualify you as fan boy anymore... bigot, at best

That said, if anyone is looking for a white N9 email Jari Hepolammi from Viestimaa. His customer service is nothing short of amazing. Cant praise him enough, brilliant individual.
personally, even though in one of those countries which Flop felt were too good (or, was it not smart enough?!?) for the N9 i could buy a N9 64GB since end of december online, delivered the following day free shipping
1st it was @ 595 bucks, then around 550 and now... 495
and you can get one for a 100 if you are willing to pay the provider more then a 1000 bucks over the following two years... for that amount, i'd have a serious look @ the N950 that was for sales on eBay.co.uk the other day for... 1200£
plus shipping

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Simply put...
>Apple developed it's own OS - and is riding it successfully;
>RIM created it's own too - and is riding it as well;
>Samsung -- rides someone else's - though successfully;

Nokia had its own OS, much b4 the other two... they developed it [though late & @ snail's pace] into a fine engine as well & uniquely too -Maemo/MeeGo had a chance... it was theirs... 'own' to ride on!

They could've tweaked it further - to better it [uh, to me the N9's current OS is pretty fine since PR1.1 though; and a couple of more PRs would be awesome!], thus creating a 3rd front to battle the OS war/s. But they abandoned their 'own' child... one which was a destined prodigy[!] to battle somebody else's fledgling war [M$].

They had a choice [a making, long gifted, inherently, indoctrinated with] to become [and further] an Apple or a RIM... but selected to go the Samsung way instead...

How dumb could that be?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post: