Closed Thread
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
you are all too ordinary,

what's next after the mind-blowing apps like cutetube, nitdroid and wazapp on nokia n9?

Viber?

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
what's next after the mind-blowing apps like cutetube, nitdroid and wazapp on nokia n9?

Viber?
For me it would be a working video call enabled Skype App.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
For me it would be a working video call enabled Skype App.
I already videocalled with Skype once. I had a wifi connection and I made a video call with someone on an iPad with my N900. The quality of the front camera really sucks, but it worked nonetheless. I didn't do any configuration or anything.
This was with a wifi connection, both of us where on the same network.
Sorry for the off-topic post, but I just wanted to state this

The Following User Says Thank You to Jarige For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
some of the projects where that money would be much more useful:
cssu
kernel-power
phoneme
busybox-power
and much more projects that actually enhance maemo
Haters detected

nice to see you online, tgalal.

give more hints of what to expect for the may day release?

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
nice to see you online, tgalal.

give more hints of what to expect for the may day release?
The main aim is to have a fully functional single conversations feature. You might think it's not much, but by fully functional I mean having those single conversation built on top of an almost complete core of the app. So we'd have notifications, settings interface, chat logging, connection monitoring, delivery statuses, presence updates, contacts management and others.

Having those things stuff built correctly and tested would allow most of the focus afterwards to be directly on more chat-related features (group chats, sending media..etc).

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
The main aim is to have a fully functional single conversations feature. You might think it's not much, but by fully functional I mean having those single conversation built on top of an almost complete core of the app. So we'd have notifications, settings interface, chat logging, connection monitoring, delivery statuses, presence updates, contacts management and others.

Having those things stuff built correctly and tested would allow most of the focus afterwards to be directly on more chat-related features (group chats, sending media..etc).
It sounds like nothing on paper, but when coding I know it's a pain in the ***. Thank you for your continued efforts tgalal, I look forward to your release of whatsapp.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
The version you are going to release differs much from the video showed? Because it seems that message deliver status doesn't work on the video (all red dots), may be i get it wrong, but...
Also, i want to know more about the UI, it's QML-based? I know you are mainly a Phyton coder, but want to know if you have expertize in other programming languages / toolkits.
Can you please add a list of supported / non supported & TODO / WIP features? may be opening a new thread once the first beta arrives?
What about notifications in LPS (low power screen), are supported?
Thanks a lot and expect a donation ;-)

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
The version you are going to release differs much from the video showed? Because it seems that message deliver status doesn't work on the video (all red dots), may be i get it wrong, but...
Also, i want to know more about the UI, it's QML-based? I know you are mainly a Phyton coder, but want to know if you have expertize in other programming languages / toolkits.
Can you please add a list of supported / non supported & TODO / WIP features? may be opening a new thread once the first beta arrives?
What about notifications in LPS (low power screen), are supported?
Thanks a lot and expect a donation ;-)
Yeah delivery status in the video didn't work. But now it works. Wazapp is in python (with PySide) and QML. When first beta is out I will setup an online bugtracker. I'm not sure about LPS as for some reason I can't get the main standby screen to show on N950 (not supported maybe?), but definitely it would be on Todo list

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls