Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Well, forget NFC, the exploit in the document reader is what worries me. Why couldn't that be exploited by something else you download from the store?
Well, there is always that risk and with inception/open mode that risk always increases, but again, to attack the N9, you have to have the patience and time and you have to know that important people are using it. That is rare on all accounts. Again, it's not a platform worth hacking

Edit: in regards to inception, changing your root password from rootme helps a lot too... its one of those precautions. My root password is a pain to remember, but second nature to me. Plus what would someone get from my phone? Some dirty texts from my gf, a couple of pics of flowers and the ocean, oh oh, the cincher, a 50 cent album, maybe my mom's number?

All of these are useless if you ask me. Again not a platform worth hacking, though hackers prefer it

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-07-25 at 16:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Sounds like PR 1.3.1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
I haven't used the NFC on the n9 before this, so I played around a little using my other N9.

As far as the NFC problem goes, it seems that the main problem is that the setting "confirm sharing and connecting" doesn't seem to do anything at all, as I get the same behavior regardless if it's on or off, in various scenarios.

So can someone figure out why this setting does nothing, maybe it's like traffic, mostly there but not set to work?

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
So thats why there is no NFC in the N950!

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
I haven't used the NFC on the n9 before this, so I played around a little using my other N9.

As far as the NFC problem goes, it seems that the main problem is that the setting "confirm sharing and connecting" doesn't seem to do anything at all, as I get the same behavior regardless if it's on or off, in various scenarios.

So can someone figure out why this setting does nothing, maybe it's like traffic, mostly there but not set to work?
I think this setting is about automatically connecting bluetooth through nfc (or asking a confirmation).
From the article, the worst attack uses this automatic bluetooth connection, so it's well worth enabling this setting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
why this guy didn't try on Pureview 808 or 701?

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^^he tried it on the sexiest piece of kit (n9) as well as the most used (samsung)...

808 and 701 dont fit either...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
People learns to keep NFC off by default, and only enabling it when needed.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-07-25 at 21:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Nokia's response is typical...We are secured by our obscurity...

Just shows why aegis was so flawed...Where's the security when you really need it?

Thanks CG for the links...
bla bla bla

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post

Well could be because you had already connected to BT peripheral once? What that settings probadly means is ask first time you connect to the other device? (means you have to remove the other device from BT list and try again)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: