Active Topics

Hello

I'm trying to update my 770 with new os. Here is already 2006 but I have problems with it and I thought that new update help me. But when I try do it with wizard, I can't connect internet and manually when I try download file, after ascing MAC address it tell only "Product ID not valid."

What I'm doing wrong?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Winchester, UK
I thought to check for update for 770.

I updated to OS 2006 Version 1.2006.26-8 about 6 weeks ago without a problem.

This time the "Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard" gives the error "Could not connect to the Internet for Automatic update. Check your internet connection. To change Proxy settings, use Proxy button."

The Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard worked before and my browser currently has an internet connection.

Please help.

Wow there is a wizard that lets you update the OS ???
Where?

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144790

follow link for Software update.

I just uninstalled and re-installed the "Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard" and I still get the error message

"Could not connect to the Internet for Automatic update. Check your internet connection. To change Proxy settings, use Proxy button."

My browser and email are working fine. The Wizard worked OK 6 weeks ago when I tried from this PC. I connect by cable broadband.

Can someone else check if the update file is available or has some port on my PC been blocked. How to check ?

I followed the link for Manual update and OS 2006 Version 1.2006.26-8 is the most recent update. There is also a note "This is the final release of the Internet Tablet OS 2006 edition."

Still don't know why the wizard would not connect to check for updates.

For the record it is very easy to upgrade the device via Linux as well. All you need to do is download, say, the Ubuntu LTS 6.06 desktop CD and boot that. Then you can just download the flasher-2.0 software from Nokia and the firmware image and use the command line to flash the Nokia. None of that will touch your hard drive unless you start the install program on the Ubuntu desktop.