Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Hi everyone,

Sad news, in my lab at Danish Technical University we had a large number of N900s stolen.
Most of the phones have danish keyboard so probably they will appear on the danish/norwegian/swedish market, but not necessarily.

At this moment, I will not yet provide IMEI numbers of the stolen phones, but I ask you:
If you see an N900 in a perfect state for sale, but without box or any papers, please contact me.
If you see a larger number of N900s for sale, without boxes or papers, please contact me.

Why is it important? Those are not our private phones, those are used by students for projects and learning. I guess those are as much 'community phones' as it gets.

My contact info: arekquest@gmail.com or PM.

Thank you.

[edit] Another clue: see those N900s among N95s, X6s, N810s, 5800s, N97s? Those can be also ours.

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Last edited by hopbeat; 2010-06-07 at 11:47.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Get the phone's IMEI or serial number.

Get your original SIM number back by informing your service provider.

Inform the police that your phone has been stolen and keep a copy of any paperwork involved with the process. Only do this by going to the local police station and reporting it there, never call the emergency services for any non-life threatening situation.

Contact your local phone service provider and give them a copy of your police report paperwork and request that they inform you when your phone is activated by someone else.

Don't get rid of your original number.

When some one inserts a SIM in your stolen phone, the mobile service provider will get the information and contact you. The police and your service provider should then be able to locate your phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to God For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Good luck in the hunt for them - can you not mail providers to block the imei's? (No idea if it is possible... but i'll keep my eye out next time i goto Uganda/Nigeria etc!) ..

Tis a real pain when people do that
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
@God, @noobmonkey, thanks.

We are talking about large number of the devices (without sim cards). We do not want to block IMEIs, as then they are as well as gone.

Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Bored? Follow me

The Following User Says Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Ćbo, Finland
I hope the community can help. How many phones are we talking about?
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
@God, @noobmonkey, thanks.

We are talking about large number of the devices (without sim cards). We do not want to block IMEIs, as then they are as well as gone.
This is very true...once the IMEIs are blocked the phones the are unusable if you get them back! How many phones are missing? Good place to check is Ebay in your country, they will shift them pretty quickly on there, maybe check for N900's at real knock-down prices with no box etc.? Say a 5 day auction as well for speed! Good luck!

Can you not track the thiefs down at all? No cameras? No idea who it could be? Most likely someone with access to a certain place, or someone who knows himself in that university?

We are talking 20+ N900s with several hundreds of the other mentioned phones. But we feel N900s are the key here.

Użyteczne linki:

Bored? Follow me

The Following User Says Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'll inform you if I see anything unusual in my region.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
We are talking 20+ N900s with several hundreds of the other mentioned phones. But we feel N900s are the key here.
It sounds like you should be reporting this to the police and not on this community. Don't get me wrong, but that is a big robbery. The police may be able to track them down.

The Following User Says Thank You to God For This Useful Post: