Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by buaalrj View Post
I did it several times, and got the same result.
the vm has been disabled.
Did what several times? Are you using pbeasy, or pb. Please walk me through exactly what you are doing.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
do you have the file /etc/init.d/local.sh ?

This should start the swap partition on boot.

as root try running

/etc/init.d/local.sh start

Does this start it?

Starting script penguinbaits crap
insmod: cannot insert '/mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/mbcache.ko': File exists (-1): File exists insmod: cannot insert '/mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/jbd.ko': File exists (-1): File exists insmod: cannot insert '/mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/ext2.ko': File exists (-1): File exists insmod: cannot insert 'mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/ext3.ko': File exists (-1): File exists /etc/init.d/local.sh: line 31: /etc/fstab: Permission denied

BusyBox v1.6.1 (2008-09-18 09:43:17 EEST) multi-call binary

Usage: sawpon [-a] [DEVICE]

e2fsck 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.

at first, i use the pbeasy, and the problem appeared. I tried about 3 times, finding that the problem was repeatable.
Then I use the "sfdisk/cfdisk/fdisk & mkfs" to finish the partition manually, and do the "mount" operation manually, the same problem appeared again and again.

Originally Posted by buaalrj View Post
at first, i use the pbeasy, and the problem appeared. I tried about 3 times, finding that the problem was repeatable.
Then I use the "sfdisk/cfdisk/fdisk & mkfs" to finish the partition manually, and do the "mount" operation manually, the same problem appeared again and again.
You must use pbeasy to partition your device and reboot, if you want to use pbeasy to clone,
Then you run the Clone process and I need specifically what is happening, you are getting a mount error while clone process is running?

Its very hard to troubleshoot without specifics?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post

Starting script penguinbaits crap
insmod: cannot insert '/mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/mbcache.ko': File exists (-1): File exists insmod: cannot insert '/mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/jbd.ko': File exists (-1): File exists insmod: cannot insert '/mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/ext2.ko': File exists (-1): File exists insmod: cannot insert 'mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/ext3.ko': File exists (-1): File exists /etc/init.d/local.sh: line 31: /etc/fstab: Permission denied

BusyBox v1.6.1 (2008-09-18 09:43:17 EEST) multi-call binary

Usage: sawpon [-a] [DEVICE]

e2fsck 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.
you must run "sudo /etc/init.d/local.sh start" or become root and then run it.

also please run this

cat /etc/fstab

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
You must use pbeasy to partition your device and reboot, if you want to use pbeasy to clone,
Then you run the Clone process and I need specifically what is happening, you are getting a mount error while clone process is running?

Its very hard to troubleshoot without specifics?
At first, I use pbeasy to partition, and reboot. When excuting the clone process in the pbeasy, I got an error: "mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /TRG failed command shows below: mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /TRG".

Then I tried to do the partition manually, and got the same error. I've checked the dmesg, and there was no logs related with the failed mounting. In another word, the only error message I got is "mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /TRG failed".

Yesterday I tried the pb, and the same error occured.

I'd like to use the "mount" from the bash3 tonight, trying to get more useful specifics from the kernel log.

thanks for replay

Problem solved after i did a mkfs before excuting the "Partition" of the pbeasy.
Thank you for providing such a convenient tool.

This is so awesome. I just want to say the easiest way to navigate Pb's menus in xterm is to remotely connect using PUTTY (after installing open ssh on your nokia). You can click through the menus using your mouse! Don't know if this was mentioned yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to brian911 For This Useful Post:
You can click through the N8*0 on screen too.

I have just partitioned an 8 gig card with 500mb Fat 256 swap and 7000mb (ish) main memory. I then cloned my internal flash to this card and all seems well.

Do I need to turn on swap memory in any way or will it just see it and use it?

Steve

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-installer, install-tools, mgmt-tools