Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
i dont know of any Antivirus apps for N900...

anyways... i definitly wouldnt use such software on a N900...

the N900's batterylife is bad enough without any AV's hogging in the background.

PS. if u need to check single files. theres an online service (dont remember the name atm) and you can send your suspicious files to those servers... if i remember correctly they dont use just one AV. they use plenty of different AV's to make sure no viruses is there.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
If packaged correctly (optified etc.) ClamAV could work (it's already compiled for armel):
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=clamav

All that's needed is a simple UI to scan MyDocs...

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@DrWilken but is Clam AV tracking viruses on the N900 platform? Any arm compiled linux virus could run, but the really damaging ones would be any that (ab)used the cellular modem. If these start appearing then is anyone tracking them yet?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
cash -> Nope. I don't think so. But I believe that's just a matter of asking them to if/when a virus shows up...

ClamAV doesn't do "realtime" scanning ("on-access" scanning) of files either, so You would still have to scan files manually (or make the OS/apps scan on open)...

EDIT -> You can actually submit a virus using the form here.

Last edited by DrWilken; 2010-07-19 at 10:58.