Is there a way to copy instead of moving when using the File Manager? Is there a key or combo or something I can do so when I drag files around they just do the copy.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Not using the built-in file manager, AFAIK. However, there is an alternative file manager: emelFM2. It allows for copy, move, edit and so much more.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Hold the stylus down on the file you want to copy until the context menu comes up. Choose "Edit->Copy", then go to where you want the copy and perform and "Edit-Paste" via the same method.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Not using the built-in file manager, AFAIK. However, there is an alternative file manager: emelFM2. It allows for copy, move, edit and so much more.
Which may have a whole 'nother bunch of usability issues for new users...

On the original question though...

1. Hold the stylus down on the file you wish to work with.

2. Without leaving the surface of the screen drag over to the menu that pops up. This will keep the menu open (a reported bug in OS2008).

3. Now tap "edit" in this opened menu.

4. This will open another menu with options to "Cut", "Copy", "Paste", "Move to...", "Duplicate", "Rename...", or "Delete" the highlighted file.

5. Rock on!

Posts: 157 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oxford, UK
Or, provided you have a keyboard, use Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V to copy and paste a file.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Which may have a whole 'nother bunch of usability issues for new users...
Oh... my apologies I shall refrain from such suggestions in the future.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Oh... my apologies I shall refrain from such suggestions in the future.
Easy Queenie... No dis meant. I was just answering the question and suggested to our gentle readers that they might master the built in file manager first before moving on to a more advanced file management application.