Notices

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
And so I... bumpster!

Okay, my icons on Xournal are complete, so if anybody would like any help, please let me know and I will do what I can!

Thanks

Sorry to hijack a thread, but me too. Budding designers here to be hired for free! Who can resist?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Can anyone fix this front end?

Seriously though, I think it's great that we're seeing more people eager to lend a hand. Coding is one thing, making the code asthetically pleasing is another. Some have mucho talent and can do both but it's always good when you've got someone dedicated to the task.

I dabble a lot with graphics but never dove in with the theme-maker app for Maemo in the past. I've got an interest in learning to code and although drumming up a theme would be more familiar to me I'll probably let that sit, unless I need a break from reading/learning.

I don't know what icons are licensed by Nokia in Maemo 5, if any. Maybe until a project comes along you could consider working on icons used in many general areas. This would include something for tools, disk, new, delete, different file types, etc. Lots of endless ideas there.

Another thought would be to create some backgrounds and develop some ideas on themes. You could post some backgrounds and based on popularity choose to build themes around them. Granted, there are gobs of images out there in the 800x480 format, but handcrafted with a potential for themes should be popular, considering we all want to be unique and special and show off our new gadget with a custom "phonetop". There are tons of themes used on other platforms that people will even make money by selling- plenty of ideas to start the creative juices flowing.

I'm sure you can come up with other ideas once the masses have their shiny new toys, and yet you'll likely be in high demand at that time.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I like the background image set idea...

The N900 has a very unique desktop.

For best effect you need 4 800x480 images that flow together on their short edges, in an endless loop...

Opps I edited this post instead of replying, still getting used to my new powers Joshua please repost what you had said here.
Attached Images

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2009-10-01 at 12:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
joshua I just wanted to let you know I could use icons for my new Fremantle for Diablo theme. I can't use the real fremantle icons because they are not open source. I you want to work on something similar that will look good with my new theme that would be great. Also if you want to work on themes for either Maemo or Mer I would be happy to help you out. Theme Maker is nice unless you want to put your themes in repo and downloads.maemo.org to do that you have to take your deb from Theme Maker tear it apart and rebuild it write. I can help you with that if you want as well. Also Mer is looking from people to help with not only themes but all parts of the UI. If your interested in helping with me send me a message or come in #Mer on freenode IRC server.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
joshua I just wanted to let you know I could use icons for my new Fremantle for Diablo theme. I can't use the real fremantle icons because they are not open source. I you want to work on something similar that will look good with my new theme that would be great. Also if you want to work on themes for either Maemo or Mer I would be happy to help you out. Theme Maker is nice unless you want to put your themes in repo and downloads.maemo.org to do that you have to take your deb from Theme Maker tear it apart and rebuild it write. I can help you with that if you want as well. Also Mer is looking from people to help with not only themes but all parts of the UI. If your interested in helping with me send me a message or come in #Mer on freenode IRC server.
Awesome, I am very interested. I was planning on working on an icon set anyway, as it seems alot of people aren't too happy with the default ones on the n900, so first step for me is to get some inspiration and reference material. Just some links to some icons that we like and think would be suitable. Next would be a list of the icons I need to make.

This should be an interesting experience.

On another note, how do I get karma :S?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
joshua.maverick: make sure you are signed up for maemo.org (a separate process from talk.maemo.org) and that you have put a link to your t.m.o. user profile into your maemo.org profile, and then wait a few days. Your posts and thanks here will be credited as karma on maemo.org.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: