When i check the user folder size from filebox it says 2.1 gb, which has to be true since i really don't have much music or vids on there.

Still when I check my data storage status from settings is says I've used 9.3 gigs of 9.5, and won't let me upload anymore vids or music.

I've been trying to locate where the "invisible" storage usage is in filebox, but can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

This has happened once before, and the only thing that helped was a complete restore, but thats kind of a pain in the butt.

Could this have something to do with using spotify offline, or any other app messing around?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
/home/user folder is different partition than home/user/MyDocs storage partition.

You can easily find what folder takes the space with commandline command: du

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
In my case, fsck solved the problem. There was some file system corruption.

However, the only way I got it to work was from the phone via opensh, but there should be a simpler way

Thanks rainisto, found the extra 6 gigs in /MyDocs/. Trashes/501

those files shouldn't be anything vital right? is there any easy way to get rid of them.

Thanks also christianko, but i didn't find any easy way to perform the fsck at boot.

This probably means I will have to ssh into the phone either to erase the Trashes thing, or to perform a fsck?

If it is in /MyDocs this is a Windows readable partition so you should be able to connect to your PC in mass storage mode and delete.

Thanks guys!

Removing the folder was as easy as showing hidden folders in filebox, then searching for the trashes folder, and deleting the 501 one. And boom, only ≈ 2gigs of used space.

BTW the files were all the movies and podcasts i pretty much ever have had on there, no idea why they didn't get deleted.

Tags
filebox, nokia, problem, storage