Hi guys, I'm not exactly new to the community but its my first post. Used to be a N900 owner and frequented this forum.

I loved using my N900, which I not only bought as soon as it was released but also off-contract. Coming from Symbian at that time it certainly was a breath of fresh air; what with wifi hotspot, social network integration etc. It wasn't to be though as the screen and the USB port started failing after some time. I moved on to iOS followed by Windows Phone (currently own an iPhone 4s and Lumia 800).

My question is whether there exists a project to port Maemo or Meego to other devices a la Cyanogenmod style. I really miss the N900 user experience, but for the resistive touchscreen and mediocre battery life.

The iOS user experience is not integrated enough for my liking, everything goes through 3rd party apps. Windows Phone comes closer to satisfying me, though I think the current social network integration was poorly implementation as compared to Maemo.

I briefly considered getting the N9 but I miss the physical keyboard. I guess I would say my ideal phone would be the N900 with a capacitive touchscreen and better battery life, so I was wondering if a Maemo port to other devices such as Android hardware was possible.

Thanks to all the devs who made my Maemo experience so memorable! Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum for this.

Comment here
talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79333

and please use search option before opening any new thread

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
no. You cant use maemo on other devices nor can flash it.

not even on another n900? just curious...