Active Topics

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi all,

Can someone give instruction to recreate thumbnails (for example in video player).

Thanks,

A++

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
there are couple of ways to do so. my proposal would be to either:

1) delete contents of
/home/user/.thumbnails/video-grid (if it's just videos you want to recreate) and reboot

2) move all movies to a different location -> launch video player -> wait until it shows no content -> close it -> and than move them back to the previous location. now they should appear with rebuilt thumbnails

same procedure for any other thumbnails, just search for different subfolders.
once for a while I'm purging all .thumbnails subfolders as this catalogue can get huge over time.

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Thank you prosper, but I am looking for a command line to init the process of thumbnails rebuild without to have to move the files.

For example, just delete the actual thumbnails and use a command line to rebuild them ...

A++

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
I've been tinkering a bit and I think you should try deleting all .jpeg files in the folder /home/user/.thumbnails/video-grid/
Code:
@> rm /home/user/.thumbnails/video-grid/*.jpeg
Regards.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
For example, just delete the actual thumbnails and use a command line to rebuild them ...
It's been a while since I have done it, but you can replace the thumbnails with any picture if they are titled the same as the thumbnails used currently. (I know for a fact this works with open video player, just not positive this is how I did it with the stock video player.)

Obviously you can copy from any location and paste to any location from command line, and replace the thumbnails that are there.

As for rebuilding them without having to provide the new image, I believe that only happens when they are viewed for the first time.