Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I don't think there are other smartwatches compatible with SFOS except for Pebble and Amazfit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
my pebble steel is weakening for quit some time. Lately it crash while on charging. And the charge sometimes finishes before it's completely charged. Still have 4-5 days thou.

The steel is nice for repairs, just get out some screws. I had to do it once in a while as my fix for the screen tearing seems to be not permanent. Guess because I tried to be minimally invasive.

Next thing is the buttons which turns out to be the biggest issue. At the moment I can use the upper 2 buttons on the right only if I partly press the lower one. The lower seems to close some mass curcuit on the ribbon. This can only be fixed by a veeeery tiny soldering or replacing the ribbon the contacts sit on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
can anyone summarize which pebbles are supported now?
i know that se2 is not supported because of bluetooth(lte) issues.

also, as the official support for pebble was discontinued, there is a community named rebble, does openrepos software support that change?

The Following User Says Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
The Amazfit is working quite well with the native Amazfish application.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BonoNL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by BonoNL View Post
The Amazfit is working quite well with the native Amazfish application.
That's good news! I desperately need a replacement for my aging Pebble Steel. I have a couple of questions for you:

Which model Amazfit are you using? Are you using an official SailfishOS device? Does it work well? If there are any issues you could share, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Having switched from my Pebble Time to an Amazfit Bip some time ago, I can tell you it's an okay replacement from my point of view.
The biggest issue regarding smartwatches in general is that their companion Apps are usually not available for SFOS. I don't know of any other smartwatch besides the Amazfish ones (with Amazfish) and Pebble with Rockpool.

The usability heavily depends on your use case. The Amazfit is quite restricted regarding the features (no Apps you can add, no media control) compared to the Pebble. If you are fine with the default features (stepcounter, hearth rate monitor, weather, alarms, timers, compass) that's good for you. If not, you have to deal with it.

Personally, I'm missing the media control feature (which I used a lot on my Pebble) and the water resistance of the Pebble (The Amazfish is protected against water splashes, but you should not submerge it into water). But as I already wrote, that really depends on your use case. Overall, the somewhat limited functionality is still better than no smartwatch with SFOS.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Tried using Amazfit Bip on SFOS X. Didn't like it. It loses signal even 4m away from phone. On android it works way better.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
I guess I'll just keep replacing batteries in my Pebble Steel (I bought a bunch of similarly-sized, slightly lower mAh capacity from a battery vendor) for the time being. Editing JSON via terminal (or ssh'ing in) is annoying, but at least most of the features are there with Rockpool.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Is anyone using Amazfish on their XA2? Cannot install it on mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to asa For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, sailfish, sailfish os