can anyone make a video showing the N810 playing different local files.

it has quite a list of capable formats, Id like to see how well it handles different video types. also, would it be possible to show some multitasking & possibly use the gps at the same time as playing a vid (or at least try). thanks!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Not quite sure why you would use GPS at the same time as playing a movie though.. doesn't make much sense.

I believe your request is already on ThoughtFix's (overflowing) plate.

good deal. my thought is, you could keep the voice navi going in the back and watch a movie or something while your heading somewhere on a trip. or you could just have it on and if ur wondering where you are you could pause the film and switch back/forth.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
good deal. my thought is, you could keep the voice navi going in the back and watch a movie or something while your heading somewhere on a trip. or you could just have it on and if ur wondering where you are you could pause the film and switch back/forth.
I forsee a car-crash in your future....

}:^)~
YARR!!

Capt'n Venal

drive like me and u dont have to worry about it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I6lgcYiXBZ4

I just played a film encoded XVID @ 400x240 with MP3 @ 128Kbps. I then started the GPS and tracked a few miles. Video playback was near flawless, yet I did notice what appeared to be a few video skips. Voice navigation mixed in with the film quite nicely. Quite frankly, the GPS consumes somewhat small amounts of CPU unless you're interactively dragging the maps or zooming. If I had dynamic map scaling enabled, it may have consumed more resources.

Using the camera while doing other things is a different story. Also, skype is quite the consumer as well, but you get nice audio quality in exchange.

would be nice if the navigation program had an option for 'voice only' and would lose the map, and you could have it load it back up if u needed it to. good to hear though!

would be nice if the navigation program had an option for 'voice only' and would lose the map, and you could have it load it back up if u needed it to. good to hear though!
The voice navigation is very simple and not what I consider to be complete end-to-end voice navigation like you might hear on a Garmin. On most Garmins nowadays, it will name the streets and how far you will be driving along that segment. Wayfinder's navigation does not do that. It's more what I would call turn-based navigation. It generally will not speak unless you're within a few miles of the street transition, but honestly does bother me somewhat. Garmins would be considered "chatty" in comparison, but I like chatty if I'm driving and can't watch the device to see where I am.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I just tested the voice directions. It told me to get into a right lane to prepare for a left turn.

No thanks. It's mostly helpful, but I'll keep the graphics up, too... not to mention actually watching the road.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I just tested the voice directions. It told me to get into a right lane to prepare for a left turn.

No thanks. It's mostly helpful, but I'll keep the graphics up, too... not to mention actually watching the road.
hehe. Yep, it has some "kinks" still. When I head home, the voice navigation can be quite deceiving sometimes. You definitely don't want to rely on it alone. If you wanna do something else at the same time, go start some music, but keep an eye on that map.