Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If you said that it doesn't work with Skype out of the box, I'd agree. But look around, there's folks using it with Mirror as well as with Google Talk. So... we're just going to have to disagree there.

I am, however, personally pissed off it doesn't support video calling via Skype out of the box. That's one of the main reasons I won't buy a N900.
That's a limitation with Skype not releasing that information for the protocol.

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
My old phone had all that (except full flash). It played music and videos better. with better control.. had better FB integration - no need for 3rd party apps....
And Any new phone/smartphone has these capabilities nowadays. and they r better in a lot of other ways... Theres nothing special about the "multimedia" bit on this phone... or did i miss something??
So which phone was it that supported Facebook without a 3rd party application? Not seen one on the marketplace so far.

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
Tv-out came 2/3 years ago with my N95... nothing new... yes facebook is cooked and delivered with WM6.5 / HtC HD.. working better ..
Are you seriously putting WinMobile up as a contender for a mobile phone operating system? It has to be the most derided mobile OS going! Even the industry think it is a joke! Well if you want a WinMobile then fine but don't expect sensible battery life or it to last long before crashing!

Originally Posted by volt View Post
That is a quite valid suggestion. However, I'll just leave this thread instead because I simply do not have the time and energy to start doing research on updating wikis.
So basically you can't be bothered to help others but have time to rant and rave about something? Only needs a couple of lines not a complete article.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
So which phone was it that supported Facebook without a 3rd party application? Not seen one on the marketplace so far.
any phone with Windows Mobile 6.5 does this nowadays....

Are you seriously putting WinMobile up as a contender for a mobile phone operating system? It has to be the most derided mobile OS going! Even the industry think it is a joke! Well if you want a WinMobile then fine but don't expect sensible battery life or it to last long before crashing!
i replied THIS question of yours, without doing down the OS route.. it does support FB .. WITHOUT 3rd party apps

Well if you want a WinMobile then fine but don't expect sensible battery life or it to last long before crashing!
LOL as if the battery life on the N900 is better (or even sensible) than WInMo devices. ... in 3 weeks, my n900 has been freezing and need reboot more than my htd hd did in 1 year

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Still posting here?

Don't you have your new phone by now?

I love the N900. But then again I knew what it was BEFORE I bought it. Sure it has some growing left do with some aspects, but I just used Open Office on a PHONE! How cool is that?

no ones right or wrong here the n900 is like marmite some love it some hate it

underworld is entitled to his opinion and if he doesnt like the n900 i dont really see the point in arguing with him

there is no doubting the n900 falls short in some smartphone areas but make up for it in tablet features

its a hybrid device , step four of five of the cycle , going from tablet to phone or phone to tablet and not everyone is going to like it

i do really enjoy my n900 but i do find some thing annoying like underworld , however i seem to find alot more positives from it as well and i really enjoy seeing a device evolve which the n900 is and has been from day one thanks to alot of great coders and devolpers and linux pros helping everyone get the most out of it

it reminds me of the n95-1 when it 1st came out , maps was rubbish , firmware was a bit buggy , not many apps lurking around at release yet it evolved into a all time great and it was great fun going through the evoloution process , i understand some want the finished article straight away but to me the n900 is totaly useable day to day so waiting for new stuff doesnt really matter as it works fine as it is but will defently get better with time :-)

i dont think the media player is that bad ether to be hobest , yeah there is no graphic equaliser but the sound is good through decent headphones , it has a massive memory soon to be around 64gb via extra sd card , plays divix/avi out of box , streams , higer on screen res for videos then most phones , album art , supports alot of codecs , lyric support compatible , tv out compatible , to be honest ive been using s60 media player for quite some time and the n900 isnt no worse then that media player , the n97 doesnt even support streaming of video or music

at then end of the day the n900 isnt perferct and for some it isnt even good but for many of us the n900 is a solid decent phone with a excellent foundation to be built on and i look forwards to all the evolving and new apps and idears that are thrown the n900s way

shame you didnt like it underworld mate and hope you like your new phone better if its a totally new o/s though maybe make sure you know what the o/s does and doesnt do before purchse buddy itll save the returns and stuff

good luck with the next one

out of intrest what phone are you looking at next

Tags
disclose before selling, extremism rules!, flamewar, here be ranting, learn before buying, misery loves company, never blame nokia, provisioning, troll, wgaf