I have my development N900 for sale, and I would like it to land in hands of fellow Maemo user. I've personally reinforced (soldered down to motherboard) USB port in this unit, as per:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75920

Device is used, but in very good+/ideal condition, (except for things described later), intact keyboard, only small scratches on plastic body - if any... + mandatory "sliding" scratches on left and right from keyboard), and I've checked it's technical side as thoroughly as I was able (Health-check for sensor readings, screen for bad pixels, etc etc) - everything seems fine.

Device have two flaws, though:
Camera is able to adjust focus only between "min" and ~14 cm. That is - it takes "macro" photos OK, but for some reason, it refuses to focus on objects far away, be it via auto-focus, or via manual adjusting. Otherwise, it communicate with camera software (both camera-ui and fcam) without problems - even more, during auto-focus (via cssu camera-ui) it properly report actual focal distance (that is how I know it stops on ~14 cm, in addition to seeing distant objects blurred, via viewfinder). I have tested it with programs like mbarcode, and it works OK, too - it's just not good for making "regular" photos, as distant things are blurred.

Another flaw is surface of digitizer - it have "peeling off" effect, i.e. very unpleasant look. Otherwise, it works OK, zero problems with detecting touch or any things like that.

Those two flaws explain extremely low price tag. Personally, I'm selling it only due to mentioned camera problem.
---

revision 2101. Layout is QWERTY with 4 arrows. It was used by me as development device, and is perfectly legal (IMEI not registered as stolen, I've bought it from reliable supplier).

I'm willing to send them anywhere in the world, but buyer pays shipping costs.

If anyone is interested, please write here. I think it's good occasion, especially considering reinforced USB port.

/Estel

// edit

Unimportant detail, but I'll write it anyway - InfraRed diode was desoldered (as I was experimenting with putting more powerful one there), but it's put there back again. Of course, it's working 100% fine.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-17 at 22:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Bonus:

I've just received replacement camera module, so I'm adding it FREE as bonus.

Why I'm not replacing it myself? There is possibility, that my camera problems started, when I've extensively swapped camera modules forth and back (I'm experimenting with removing IR filter from camera module, for IR photos during day, and NightVision - when using powerful IR diodes pack - during night).

Camera module looks sturdy, and I didn't expected, that it might be damaged by replacing it - although, service manuals state to dispose camera modules after removing. Well, they say same things about screws... I'm not entirely sure if my problem is related to replacing camera module without appropriate tools (i use shaving knife broken into two, to disable locks), but I'm not willing to risk and destroy fresh camera module.

So, I'm selling it with this unit - if someone want to risk replacing it on his own, OR have appropriate camera module remover, OR know someone who have it, OR want to give it to service... Enjoy and have fun, you got "free try" with this offer, via included module.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
bump due to price drop - I just realized, that N900 become more cheap on eBay-like sites. So, it's only 110 euro or USD equivalent (~140 USD), with all mentioned goodies (reinforced USB port, spare camera module)

If it won't find new owner for another week, I'll just put it for sale on Ebay, with mentioned price as starting bid.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
Still available ?

Of course. PM me, if interested. I'll add update here, when it will be sold out.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-19 at 17:03.

Tags
cheap, ideal, n900 buy, n900 sell, usb port