Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I adore your drawings

Now, accept the nomination - and make a difference
Im always ready to make a difference. I just don't like the process where I have to send a mail to join the fight. Feel free to vote for me. I will drive the issue with community countdowns and that no one can be admin,mod and council at the same time. Other than that I won't do much. Maybe snatch a device or two like some previous councils did back in the days

I also love the latest tech!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-06-28 at 20:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Im always ready to make a difference. I just don't like the process where I have to send a mail to join the fight. Feel free to vote for me. I will drive the issue with community countdowns and that no one can be admin,mod and council at the same time. Other than that I won't do much. Maybe snatch a device or two like some previous councils did back in the days

I also love the latest tech!

http://focusonfashion.refashion.fi/w...teformeaba.png
just copy/paste your post here, and youre in (cant promise any goodiebags though)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
just copy/paste your post here, and youre in (cant promise any goodiebags though)
Can I use pm?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Can I use pm?
Enough? Stop trolling!

For the all others, please put your own nomination on the mailinglist too.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Enough? Stop trolling!

For the all others, please put your own nomination on the mailinglist too.
I think its better if I withdraw my candidacy. That is not spirit i would expect from an admin. To Niel...Thank you for your support. I wish u all the best in the election. Keep up the great spirit and the friendmanship and awesomeness.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-06-29 at 11:59.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I think its better if I withdraw my candidacy. That is not spirit i would expect from an admin. To Niel...Thank you for your support. I wish u all the best in the election. Keep up the great spirit and the friendmanship and awesomeness.
I hope you would not do that.

I find that you have intrest in the continuation of our community, and we do need all people to help in ways that they can.

You can make a difference, so I urge you to post your introduction to maemo-community@maemo.org mailing list.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Excellent candidates.
Additionally, I nominate
  • Jaffa
Thanks for the nomination. I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks and not had access to anything beyond my phone. Unfortunately, (and I really mean 'unfortunately'), my phone is a Nexus 5 now. One of my N9s is being used by my son as a media player, the others (including my 64GB blue N9) are gathering 'value' in my electronics drawer. My surviving N900 is doing an excellent job as an SMS gateway: forwarding text messages to my UK number on to my email.

I give this back story to highlight how I'm not longer actively a user of the Maemo-based devices, and so am out of touch with the day-to-day operation of the community. As a Hildon Foundation member, I will be stepping down once the transfer to the e.V. is complete.

Booting one of my N9s and passing it on to my son highlighted the following few things, compared with my Nexus 5:
  • The screen feels really small, and the bezel really big.
  • The form factor is beautiful
  • The screen is beautiful, and highlights the swipe & form factor
  • The haptic feedback on the virtual keyboard is excellent: Android doesn't hold a candle to it, even when the vibration duration is reduced in its advanced settings.
  • The notifications system is significantly better than Android (hopefully improved with the lockscreen notifications in Android L)
  • The UI is more beautiful and consistent
  • The UI is more laggy and stuttery

As ever, as one of the oldest members of the community (I still have access to my ITT account with UID 79), I'll always make time to help out or advise the community including any community member, the council or board; but I no longer have the emotional investment needed to be a council member.

Last edited by Jaffa; 2014-06-29 at 18:53. Reason: Brainfart on BBCode

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
What's the Karma demand?

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by setter View Post
What's the Karma demand?
As I recal, 100, which should be easily obtained, by linking a garage account with Atmo account

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Yes, a Karma of 100 is minimum.
But since we're already in the extended nomination period, the following rule comes into play:

"If, after 1 month's delay, there are still fewer than 4 candidates; the outgoing council will decide - in conjunction with Hildon Foundation Board of Directors - about how to proceed. The preferred solution is to encourage more members of the maemo.org community to participate and re-run the election, but all options are open."

So council and HiFo board might decide to allow candidates with a Karma of <100, especially since auto-Karma-calculation is broken (at least for wiki-edits).
So if you want to run for council but have a Karma of <100, please don't hesitate to declare your candidacy nevertheless.

Wiki-links:
Community Council/Election process
Nomination period is closing on June 30st, 23:59 (only ~1 day left) so please hurry.
Thank you.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post: