Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by thp View Post
The "mount" utility has been added. That should make qole happy and easy debian possible?
It's nice that they added it, but I found that it doesn't really matter, since you don't have permissions to actually mount anything from within Scratchbox anyway.

But I'll try again and see... Maybe they've got some magic going on in the mount command to make it work...

I intend to make it my #1 priority to get Easy Debian (or more likely, Easy Mer) running on the new device, as soon as I can do it. But I'm guessing, at this point, that I'm going to have to wait until I can develop on-device. The SDK just isn't designed for this kind of thing.

By the way, sjgadsby, I thought you said that all of Finland was on vacation this month? What's this about? They seem to still have developers at their desks, at least... ;-)

Last edited by qole; 2009-07-14 at 17:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Check /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/widget_device.png
Looks like a tablet to me, and in fact very much like the "mockup" shown on the slides at last year's summit.

Another interesting one for the phone-or-tablet guessing game is /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/general_voicemail_avatar.png. At the same time
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/addressbook_sim_contacts_group.png which was present in the first beta is gone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
The image looks like a darkened n810.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by qole View Post
By the way, sjgadsby, I thought you said that all of Finland was on vacation this month? What's this about? They seem to still have developers at their desks, at least... ;-)
If they weren't then, following the time honored tradition of darting out the door as soon as a release is dumped, they most certainly are now.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Any screenshots of the status menu area?
Here are a couple with example-status-applet installed and hildon-status-menu started. The second one shows the example applet's menu, and illustrates that status applets are still visible when not in the "home" screen.
Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I wonder why they're still enclosing dialogs in a "square" containers rather than just allowing the boxes to have rounded corners. Odd.

Tim

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I wonder why they're still enclosing dialogs in a "square" containers rather than just allowing the boxes to have rounded corners. Odd.

Tim
That's supposed to have real alpha transparency (as opposed to shaped windows). Just not quite done yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
That's supposed to have real alpha transparency (as opposed to shaped windows). Just not quite done yet.
Ah, good... Thanks.

Tim

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Here are a couple with example-status-applet installed and hildon-status-menu started. The second one shows the example applet's menu, and illustrates that status applets are still visible when not in the "home" screen.
Thanks for the screenshots. Maybe I need to see a video, but I'm not quite clear how this works. Is the status area visible all the time, or does the user need to do something (e.g. a gesture or a drag) to view it?

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Is the status area visible all the time
Yes, it (the right rectangle on the first screenshot) is always present, and when you tap it you get the larger one with the applets' menus etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: