... gone from newegg.com and newegg.ca, expansys & most other places with notices it's been discontinued - all of this hapenned within a few days, and just after various reports thatn N9s were outselling Luminas. Is Steven Elop trying to cover his *** by ensuring N9s don't embarass his Windows phone?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by dakota34 View Post
... gone from newegg.com and newegg.ca, expansys & most other places with notices it's been discontinued - all of this hapenned within a few days, and just after various reports thatn N9s were outselling Luminas. Is Steven Elop trying to cover his *** by ensuring N9s don't embarass his Windows phone?
There was only so much stock of the Nokia N9 made, this is why they are disappearing. It is much too expensive for retailers to try and get their hands on to sell at mediocre profit levels. If you really want one, you'll fine a way to get it, if you don't well, that's another story.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Simple answer: Poor sales.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
maybe you stop trolling people. it's time to stop, think and take reponsobility, Mr. Elop!

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
wrong since every n9 here is imported by independent stores, so there is no "sell through #" that has to be achieved

more than likely its limited stock +

people(other than hardcore users) have started to hear about the phone +

the price point has hit a spot where the more people are willing to shell cash out for it

*please dont think i'm a fanboy of nokia, i have far too many devices to be a fan boy of anything* just dont spread FUD

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UCOMM For This Useful Post:
The reports that the Nokia N9 was outselling the Lumia series might be exaggerated... or misleading. Without confirmed numbers, that's unconfirmed as of yet.

To see the N9 being removed from Newegg, et al... it's not that surprising since it was originally not announced in the North American market. It just seems like they've hit a new low in price, around $480 or so and the demand has dwindled, as invariably as the stock they were able to acquire.

I'm contemplating a cyan one if I decide to sell my extra black 16gb N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Its simple economix. If there was a limited supply and high demand, the price would go up.

In this case there was a limited supply and LOW demand, and prices went south. You can pick up these phones on amazon for under $500.

The answer is therefore: Poor sales.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
It was likely to happen sooner than later... the economics of Demand & Supply had to play a spoil-sport. Enthusiasts & ppl of ken [nothwithstanding the fanboys] know/knew it's worth - while Eflop hooted it-out from the assembly line... and AFAIK, it's production has completely stopped already.

I also notice that it's shelf-count/s on the mkts where it was launched [and did seriously well] has dwindled lately [Middle East is one such]. Meaning: -there r no more stocks, or its abysmal. And also remember, there r hardly any M/I-Finland N9s around... most being the Asian makes.

So, even if folks desire - how do they get it?

Bottomline: Soon it'd be available only @ premium prices. It was a collector's item on launch... and will forever be. Thus folks, if u want one - the time's now... Go Get It! 'Coz, tomorrow might never come!

Troll's rant/s apart - this device is a "Gift of God"... A once in a lifetime opportunity - intuitive & addictive - a keeper. So, how can someone even compare it with the sham-drabs [the likes of iOS, Android, WPOS devices combined]? My MeeGo-H is a KICKA55!

What with North Americas, it'd soon dissappear from other regions as well.

Qorax

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
I hope newegg will restock the N9
I really want this phone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Airbus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Even if it is poor sales... Poor sales != poor device.
Lots can & has been done to curtail the chances of it selling well.
The reality is it was never going to be an amazing seller in many(most?) markets.
I could smell that coming from quite a few months back.
I'm surprised so many people thought otherwise...
Again, it has zilch to do with it being a poorer device.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, winding down