Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Well, the fact that the N900 can run Android (NITdroid), and Maemo was never adopted to another handset tells all you need to know about which OS is more open, despite what all the fanboys here are saying all the time.

There are plenty of Androids with unlocked bootloaders, or if not, it can usually be unlocked. Many tablets have USB ports for hardware keyboards, etc. The truth is Maemo was a mess, and never open enough to migrate to another platform. All the rest is just excuses.
FM tuner? I bet it's absolutely necessary. Give me a break.

Edit: please move this message to the other thread. [EDIT]HELL NO! DO IT YOURSELF!" Joerg[/EDIT]

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-20 at 11:10.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Hell, I feel abused, lazy users forcing me to do moderation to move their posts to the right thread while they are too lazy to do it themselves. Even worse, this forces me to answer an off-topic post:

Meamo never ported to other devices, eh?
Nokia 770, N800, N810, N900, the N9, beagleboard and Zoom, and even Jolla Sailfish seem to use some flavor or derivative of maemo, more or less tweaked.

Now mods please handle the prev and this post. Thanks

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-20 at 22:19.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I have donated 100 euros, twice now. I was lead to believe that I could join the two orders by quoting the order reference of the first in the second. Now that you have made it clear that it is not generally accepted, can I please have a refund on my later donation?

The Following User Says Thank You to fridgecow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fridgecow View Post
I have donated 100 euros, twice now. I was lead to believe that I could join the two orders by quoting the order reference of the first in the second. Now that you have made it clear that it is not generally accepted, can I please have a refund on my later donation?
Please contact the goldelico mail addr that came in your "order" invoice. Please clearly state if you want both donations concatenated or a refund for second donation. Both is overhead for us so it doesn't matter what you prefer.
Nik is handling the webshop and is not generally reading in here, while I have no access to webshop.

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-21 at 22:19.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
on a sidenote: http://maemo.cloud-7.de/Neo900/media...d/barePCB.jpeg some more N900 bare spares, which we use for RE and mech evaluation. Pretty handy. These are NOT Neo900 boards.

(photo taken with Fuji XQ1, a kind donation by Walter B. - MANY THANKS WALTER! For all the invaluable support over all those years)

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-22 at 18:13.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
on a sidenote: http://maemo.cloud-7.de/Neo900/media...d/barePCB.jpeg some more N900 bare spares, which we use for RE and mech evaluation. Pretty handy. These are NOT Neo900 boards.

(photo taken with Fuji XQ1, a kind donation by Walter B. - MANY THANKS WALTER! For all the invaluable support over all those years)
I really hope all of those hit the "all telephony functions disabled" telephony-death condition before getting stripped down to that state, otherwise I would've happily sent mine in exchange for those. :P

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Bombs away. Bombs the f|_|ck away.

Name:  Neo900BombsAway.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  20.3 KB

It's in the hands of the banks as of this morning (in EST time) if this goes to the right place.

And just so that everyone is clear, the amount donated is not as high as it is because I'm wealthy (in fact this is a substantial chunk of my money), it's as high as it is because of my ethical commitment to seeing as close to an open phone as possible, and this (combined with Estel's body replacement project to which I also substantially contributed in the past) being the best route I see before me right now.

I hope you guys pull this off. The world will be a better place if you do, at least a little bit, for a little while.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I really hope all of those hit the "all telephony functions disabled" telephony-death condition before getting stripped down to that state, otherwise I would've happily sent mine in exchange for those. :P
Those definitely never were populated, they are surplus from asian fab (at least I guess they are)
/j

thanks to smooth operation of our web wizard dos1, we migrated neo900.org to a new more stable dedicated vServer, seamlessly and without much noise :-)
Thanks Sebastian!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I know there been a lot of questions about OMAP3 SoC, and possible replacements, but here is another one

Since I can't find nothing on your "Technical Feasibility Study" about possibility for Intel SoC like this, I'm asking it here.

Is it possible to port Fremantle from SDK Images or use something like Intel's Houdini libraries to translate ARM code, and use x86 SoC?

The Following User Says Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!