From preorder faq which was earlier "

A. Countries supported for the Limited ed. Jolla + Other Half (100€) package at the time of opening May 20, 2013 include Finland, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, and Italy. From May 28, 2013 we will include all EU countries plus Switzerland and Norway..

For the Jolla (0€) pre-order package we support global pre-ordering, and yet final availability of the Jolla device will be decided based in part on pre-order demand from each country and solely at the discretion of Jolla Ltd.

So more European countries also supported and got possibility to prie-order Jolla 100e package.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by N9uwu View Post
I get that you are kinda disappointed, but Marc clearly says, "we don't have any plans for north america, AT THE MOMENT".
At the moment, I could get a Nexus 5, Motorola X (customized and unlocked), a Motorola G (customized and unlocked), pre-purchase a NeoN900 or go elsewhere... at the moment.

It's not even disappointment. I get that Jolla is a company of ~100, they've pulled off a feat that will forever keep my respect. They've embraced social media and community and to me, they're a company that "gets it".

As a consumer, I don't have to wait. I went after the N9, didn't lose any functionality and didn't really hurt anything but my own pocket. I chose to support the N9. Jolla is making strides at the moment, and I commend them for that.

But look above. I don't have to wait. And if no compelling reasons are given to me during moment of time where I'd like to have them; I will not wait. Being a fan doesn't mean that a future purchase is out of the question whenever my market or myself becomes a priority.

So as one consumer, I'm done. There's talk about regulatory discussions and delays (not from Jolla) and other things that will delay delivery in my market. But I have no compelling reason to be part of the other half at this very moment because they clearly don't have plans or incentives for me (and I only speak for myself) to stay in line.

Perhaps it'll change. But that change isn't today. That's not to detract from others that will stay in line or have connections and will invariably stay in queue. I am not that type of consumer.

And I don't have enough frequent flyer miles to go to Finland unfortunately either...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Gerbick, I admire your very even and calm response to the current state of things for non-EU people.

For myself, I can handle waiting a while for Jolla. Good things come to those who wait, or so I hope. It's not the wait which gets me. What I very frustrating is the terrible [inconsistent where not just non-existent] communication from Jolla on this issue.

I got a form-letter response when I wrote to ask questions relevant to outside-Europe pre-orders. "Thank you for your interest in Jolla! You rock!" "Please stay tuned!" "No news for you!"

I have a PDF receipt which says I get a pre-order number, and yet I do not have a pre-order number and whoever replied to my e-mail didn't even bother addressing my questions. Right now it's a case of "I pre-ordered Jolla, handed over €40... and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".

Heh. Like I said, I don't mind waiting for something I really want, but some human communication from Jolla would be really good. I realise they don't have a lot of staff and they're very busy, but maybe a blanket blog/statement/e-mail/something to clarify what the future holds for the rest of us...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I have a PDF receipt which says I get a pre-order number, and yet I do not have a pre-order number and whoever replied to my e-mail didn't even bother addressing my questions. Right now it's a case of "I pre-ordered Jolla, handed over €40... and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".
There is an order number(letters and numbers) in the receipt and they dont send another one.

Last edited by MisterMaster; 2013-12-03 at 17:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Whats the latest about sail on android. New SDK coming soon

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I think, North America is probably too high a risk for Jolla at this stage. They might get sued to ruin from all sides immediately, just for daring to sell a non-US product on US soil.
Mexico or Latin America could be a different story, and the chances for Jolla there may be a lot higher.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I think, North America is probably too high a risk for Jolla at this stage. They might get sued to ruin from all sides immediately, just for daring to sell a non-US product on US soil.
Mexico or Latin America could be a different story, and the chances for Jolla there may be a lot higher.
What about Canada?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Gerbick, I admire your very even and calm response to the current state of things for non-EU people.
Thanks... trust me, patience is quite hard to muster when you have "ooh, shiny shiny" syndrome. But in my case, I have a definite schedule due to a slightly faulty device and a rather urgent need and a lack of knowing when. Once I make a purchase, I plan on doing so for a year in the least. Combined with my BB Dev Alpha B device and the Z10, I've gone 14 months on that platform and have only recently started to have technical issues that affect my daily operations.

For myself, I can handle waiting a while for Jolla. Good things come to those who wait, or so I hope. It's not the wait which gets me. What I very frustrating is the terrible [inconsistent where not just non-existent] communication from Jolla on this issue.
Glad you can wait! I mean that with sincerity because I look forward to the day that more and more people support and objectively review this device/OS. Only through our input they might make the very slight differences that might make it from a great product to a stellar product.

The way Jolla is communicating could be seen as a problem; however I'd say that equal amounts of patience is needed there. Not too many times have we, as a consumer/community member/online presence have been at the cusp of a release as now. Nokia had history by the time the N9 came out. We just happened to belong to a community that switched from Maemo to include MeeGo (ITT to TMO).

We can make an impact via our input and I genuinely think they're listening. But as it stands, they cannot talk a lot about deals and forward motion until it's a concrete thing. Jolla has become that company that will only tell you what's a done deal. And that, my friend, is refreshing.

But if you lack patience, it'll frustrate you. If you're in an area that they've yet to address... it'll frustrate you. I still can wish them the best and not stay in line. And to be honest, North America is not a priority for any company trying to launch a cellphone due to how screwed up our carrier system is - makes it unnecessarily difficult.

I got a form-letter response when I wrote to ask questions relevant to outside-Europe pre-orders. "Thank you for your interest in Jolla! You rock!" "Please stay tuned!" "No news for you!"
I hadn't even written, but a response is better than no response.

I went with the 0€ package, so all I lost was the time it took to pre-purchase on day one. I can live with calling that "support" and showing interest.

Heh. Like I said, I don't mind waiting for something I really want, but some human communication from Jolla would be really good. I realise they don't have a lot of staff and they're very busy, but maybe a blanket blog/statement/e-mail/something to clarify what the future holds for the rest of us...
Give it time. They'll communicate to the rest of the world in the future. And I honestly think it'll be worth it. I truly do.

But circumstance has altered my timeline.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Found out today it won't go on general sale this year, I'm pretty gutted as i did not pre order cos I was told there would be a second pre order later in the year (turned out to be Finland only)

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Found out today it won't go on general sale this year, I'm pretty gutted as i did not pre order cos I was told there would be a second pre order later in the year (turned out to be Finland only)
You can have my pre-order number, I'm in the US

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, latest news, sailfish