Posts: 61 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
I tried to pair bluetooth watch from Son Ericcson (MBW 150) with my Jolla without success, does anyone know if there is any bluetooth watch working with Jolla?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
You'll need an application running on the device that supports the watch. Search the forums for threads about bluetooth watch support on earlier devices to get an idea how it used to work. You probably need to have OpenWatch or something similar ported to Sailfish.

Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
You'll need an application running on the device that supports the watch.
There was no problem pairing the watch on my N900 even without the app Openwatch, I just hoped that it would be similar on Jolla. Anyway unfortunately I am not able to port Openwatch, is there someone who could do that?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I am afraid this Jolla Together thing is going to cause a lot of havoc, specially if everyone starts double posting....

https://together.jolla.com/question/.../#post-id-7815

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
well, I am not sure which of the two will be the "core" platform for Jolla (as someone pointed out that TMO is still No.1 even for Jolla), what do you think?

Last edited by xkkkx; 2013-12-31 at 17:07.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I don't know, just mentioned this on the Sailfish community thread. It's still to early to predict where this is going to...

For the time being, I will copy my answer here too:
This is because the N900 supported Bluetooth's Dial-Up Access profile (also known as DUN). The Jolla device does not seem to support it, and I'm unsure at the moment what would be required to enable it. You may need to open a new feature request.

For other types of smart-watches, you need specific applications.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluetooth watch, jolla