Active Topics

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Argentina
You can download flasher from here: http://web.archive.org/web/201311170...env_downloads/

Originally Posted by Callum.Brierly View Post
The flasher tools mirror doesn't seem to be working...
Also, I tried to install the flasher using a file I found from another site and nothing happens when I open it apart from the command prompt opening and closing straight away. I'm using windows 8.1 if that makes any difference - I didn't have this problem with my old laptop running windows 7. Any ideas of what I can do? Thanks.
You need to run in command prompt. Its not a GUI application.

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Originally Posted by Callum.Brierly View Post
The flasher tools mirror doesn't seem to be working...
Also, I tried to install the flasher using a file I found from another site and nothing happens when I open it apart from the command prompt opening and closing straight away. I'm using windows 8.1 if that makes any difference - I didn't have this problem with my old laptop running windows 7. Any ideas of what I can do? Thanks.
Yepp. its not a GUI application, so browse to wherever you installed the flasher. Then Shift + Right Cick and select "Open command window here". hope that helps.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
btw, flashers for all platforms are mirrored on my site: https://coderus.openrepos.net/flasher/

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ St Helens, England.
Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
Yepp. its not a GUI application, so browse to wherever you installed the flasher. Then Shift + Right Cick and select "Open command window here". hope that helps.
Sorry, what I was trying to say is that the flasher won't install. It's working with the new link now though so I must have just had a dodgy .exe file hahaha

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
I think we need now more information.
Like a manual in the wiki.

1. Comprehensive Firmware Flashing Guide (ok)
2. Install Warehouse (warehouse not starting for me)
3. Install N9 Repo mirror (ok)
4. Enable develope-mode (ok)
5. Avoid account registering on Maps and Drive http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...44#post1469144 (i didnt can write Drive.ini even as devel-su)

I will now check to change with vi to 001. Hopefully that help me

@Schturmann can you plesase modified last N9QTweak for the new situation (Nokia repos are offline)? Or igve us a manual?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
i just followed these instructions to backup my n9 partitions

but now after boot i get that ugly modified warning and no online account will sign in, constantly asking for password, but never authenticates

can some kind person tell me how to get back to normal, as moslo said it doesnt do anything permanantly to phone ty.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Rob, You can export the partitions to your Linux via USB when you can telnet in.

1.) Enter one of the following commands to export the partition:
"echo /dev/mmcblk0p1 > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/gadget/lun0/file" # This is for MyDocs partition
"echo /dev/mmcblk0p2 > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/gadget/lun0/file" # This is for root partition
"echo /dev/mmcblk0p3 > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/gadget/lun0/file" # This is for home partition

2.) exit from the telnet connection

3.) Disconnect the USB for about one second and reconnect it

What wil happen, the partition will be detected by Linux and automatically mounted. (if not, you can look it up from dmesg and mount it manually)

After copying what you need form the partition, you can again set the IP addredd, telnet to the device and export the next partition.

If you have lots of storage space it is of course best to back up all three partitions, when you get the new/repaired device back it will be EXACTLY in the same state that your old device was when you upload back the backups. "sudo tar -cvf <filename> <mountpoint>" is good way to do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:
My product code is 059L6L6
and fw on phone is 40.2012.21-3.321.2_PR_321,
is it safe to flash with 001 variant? or that will produced blocked phone, boot loop etc.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
It don't will work 321 is higher than 001

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by silicondreams View Post
My product code is 059L6L6
and fw on phone is 40.2012.21-3.321.2_PR_321,
is it safe to flash with 001 variant? or that will produced blocked phone, boot loop etc.
you may croatian i guess. you can still flash with a 005 or 009 (recommended) main flash if necessary.

Tags
flashing, nokia n9