Poll: Meeting location
Poll Options
Meeting location

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Guys, how about an italian meeting along the lines of the Maemo Barcelona Long Weekend ?

We need to figure out if there is enough interest, of course, then we can move on to the possible locations and dates.

Personally, I'd like to focus on introductory talks like "getting started with maemo" and so on, but your suggestions are welcome!

Please show your interest by adding yourself to the event wikipage and don't forget to vote for your preferred location in the poll above!

EDIT: fixed BCN link, added wiki link

Last edited by aboaboit; 2010-01-06 at 15:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bologna - Italy
GREAT !! If shold be a Maemo Italian Long weekend I will be !!
SURE

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Only to mention that there is indeed a possibility of a Long Weekend in Italy. Is there an interest? Preferred location? Preferred topics? How to reah the Italian mobile developer community?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Getting started w Maemo would be interesting for me too - but my Italian is not good enough, are these things in English? (Sorry ;-)

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I am really interested of course.

Let's start with topics, then we can decide a location (preferably not in a big city like Milan or Roma).

- Introducing Maemo, the Maemo.org community and ways to help
- Localization
- Starting to develop for Maemo (Qt)
- UX track?
- more...

Well .. places: Bologna is easily reachable, but I'd prefer something even smaller like Padova or Pisa or something closer to Rome.
But we'll see if local people know of nice places...

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Pistoia, Italy
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Only to mention that there is indeed a possibility of a Long Weekend in Italy. Is there an interest? Preferred location? Preferred topics? How to reah the Italian mobile developer community?
About location: if you want a well connected to international airports city, I would suggest Milano, Roma.

If you're looking for a nice city I would suggest Bologna or Pisa.

When do you think we could do it? Just to know if I'll be in Italy or still in Spain in that period.
LastGo - Last.fm client for Maemo/MeeGo

Originally Posted by andy80 View Post
About location: if you want a well connected to international airports city, I would suggest Milano, Roma.

If you're looking for a nice city I would suggest Bologna or Pisa.

When do you think we could do it? Just to know if I'll be in Italy or still in Spain in that period.
I believe a well-connected airport is a MUST for an international event, but a SHOULD for smaller scale events like the BCN one or the (future) italian one. Apart from Bologna (it'd be nice playing host), I'd say we should look for a medium-sized city in central or northern Italy: Firenze, Pisa, Torino. If any of you people reading this has connections to the local LUGs, now is the perfect time to talk to them.

The timeframe: we need time for both the promotion (so far not enough buzz to justify Nokia's interest) and for the organization, so I wouldn't even try before january 2010. On the other hand, there's also Fosdem coming up in february so my pick would be either 15-17 or 22-24 jan.

Guys, blog about this till your fingers bleed or it won't happen!
(especially if your blog has, say, more than 2 readers like mine ;-)

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
I have connection to 2 LUGs.
1. POuL (poul.org) If we are talking about Mon-Sat days Politecnico di Milano can host us, i think
2. Lifos. Should get in touch with them to know. (lifos.org)

Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
I have connection to 2 LUGs.
1. POuL (poul.org) If we are talking about Mon-Sat days Politecnico di Milano can host us, i think
2. Lifos. Should get in touch with them to know. (lifos.org)
Great!

I have followed Quim's suggestion by starting this thread because I am keen on making this happen. Likewise, I would propose that you do the actual talking to these two groups and report back here. I've already spammed everybody I thought might be interested

By the way, I have created a wiki page for the Maemo Italian Long Weekend where we'll consolidate the information as the situation evolves. I am filling it in now with the few things we already have.

EDIT: ok, the wiki page has some sort of dignity... go ahead!

Last edited by aboaboit; 2009-11-22 at 18:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bs, Italy
great idea! i will be for sure there.
I can try to talk with some people in University of Brescia for known if we can host this event, also i can try in University Bicocca of Milan if needed. I've some contact here and there...
Tomorrow i write some mail an let's see.
Nice to see this initiative!