Time since nokia transformed from Symbian to Windows it was thought that it is the begenning of the end for nokia.

However Nokia showed some positive signs with Lumia and Pureview Series. Out of that Lumia 800 looked bit high of specs still I would call it a medium end device. Lumia 900 seemed to be a falling into the category of high end stuff, although still no match for high end android devices.

Since then i've been hearing Nokia more and more stressing and promoting CRAPPY!!! low end devices (Lumia 710, 610 and ashes series). Has nokia really gone INSANE by stressing on medium / low end devices instead of targeting HIGH END market? I've been waiting for a successor of Lumia 900 that should have dual/quad core with around 4.5 inch screen, Windows 8 and HD resolution. But there is no trace of such device. Every day starts with nokia promoting stupid low end stuffs

Last edited by maverick788us; 2012-06-13 at 07:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to maverick788us For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
wow...you should be given a round of applause...you manage to put out such drivel with a straight face...

seriously, windows 8 might be shown by microsoft on june 20th only after which will we hear traces of what new devices nokia will be coming up with. go follow mynokiablog.com or windows central instead of coming here for microsoft info...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The majority of where Nokia still sells well are places where lower end still sells very well.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Since then i've been hearing Nokia more and more stressing and promoting CRAPPY!!! low end devices (Lumia 710, 610 and ashes series). Has nokia really gone INSANE by stressing on medium / low end devices instead of targeting HIGH END market? I've been waiting for a successor of Lumia 900 that should have dual/quad core with around 4.5 inch screen, Windows 8 and HD resolution. But there is no trace of such device. Every day starts with nokia promoting stupid low end stuffs
Don't feel mad. WP8 has to be revealed first before hero devices come out. There is no point in releasing another high-end WP7 devices when there is little upgrade path for WP7. It would be a waste of resource, plus customers would be mad later on they learn their brand-new X phone cannot be upgraded to true WP8. MS might trick customers by labeling WP7.5+ as WP8 lite, but customers won't be happy if they know the fact.

The new hero device has to be high-end, so dual-core Qualcomm S4 is a reasonable choice. Screen size and resolution will pretty much be up-to-par with Android high-end devices, too. Really nothing to worry spec wise, it all depends on MS delivering WP8......

and we'll soon know.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The majority of where Nokia still sells well are places where lower end still sells very well.
If Nokia use the Marketing strategy like Apple they can create demand for its high end devices and it will sell well just like iPhones

s/by targetting LOW END market//

How in the world do you think Nokia have sold over 100 000 000 phones every quarter if the major portion of that would not come from the low end?
Nokia has been selling low-end phones a decade if not more and getting itīs major income from it, do you think they just forget it and focus only on high-end, see how well that went with Symbian and burning platform...

Same with graphics card manufacturers, the main income comes from middle to low-end cards, not the high end. The reason is volume.

The non-advertisement plan might have worked with N9 but sure in h*ll it works with the low-end.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mc_mice For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mc_mice View Post
How in the world do you think Nokia have sold over 100 000 000 phones every quarter if the major portion of that would not come from the low end?
Nokia has been selling low-end phones a decade if not more and getting itīs major income from it, do you think they just forget it and focus only on high-end, see how well that went with Symbian and burning platform...

Same with graphics card manufacturers, the main income comes from middle to low-end cards, not the high end. The reason is volume.

The non-advertisement plan might have worked with N9 but sure in h*ll it works with the low-end.
But with Samsunj the trend is reverse. Their handsets become famous and took the top spot from Nokia because of thie high end models. They make wide pubilicity with their high end devices like Galaxy and note. As a result people (non-enthusastic) get impressed and blindly presume that if their high end devices are good, their low end handsets too will be good. Result both high end and low end devices are sold like hot cakes

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
if you can afford a new high end phone everytime one is released, you're in the top 15% of the richest people in the world. There are other people in the world who aren't as well off as we are. That's why I appreciate what Nokia is doing. High end phones never worked to save anyone's life.. A quad core device will still make the same phone call as a Nokia 1100. And yes, Nokia's approach to the market is completely different than others.. Since they sell by volume, not by price, as mentioned above.

the "crappy" phones aren't for you or me. They're for millions of other people who appreciate the little things in life and who just want a phone and not an autobot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
if you can afford a new high end phone everytime one is released, you're in the top 15% of the richest people in the world. There are other people in the world who aren't as well off as we are. That's why I appreciate what Nokia is doing. High end phones never worked to save anyone's life.. A quad core device will still make the same phone call as a Nokia 1100. And yes, Nokia's approach to the market is completely different than others.. Since they sell by volume, not by price, as mentioned above.

the "crappy" phones aren't for you or me. They're for millions of other people who appreciate the little things in life and who just want a phone and not an autobot.
But at the same time they can concentrate for high end consumer market too and get better profit yields just samsung and sony