Notices

Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
When I i use bless in lowlight conditions the images has a green allover feeling about them.
Tried uninstalling bless and reboot.
Same result with and without fcam installed
Please try to play with White Balance setting. That is what influences color conversion.

Hi nightfire,

We are still working on blessn900
We are already considering implementing both features you requested, however there are some potential problems (focus - if the user full-pressed the shutter button - probably he wants to take the image as it is as soon as possible; background - possible confusion when the user closes blessn900 and goes to Album and does not find the images he've just taken ('cause they are still being processed)).

Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
Hey Eugene,

I dunno if you or anyone else is still working on blessn900 as it's already such a friggin amazing app..

But if so, I'd like to humbly submit two feature requests:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Hi nightfire,

We are still working on blessn900
We are already considering implementing both features you requested, however there are some potential problems (focus - if the user full-pressed the shutter button - probably he wants to take the image as it is as soon as possible; background - possible confusion when the user closes blessn900 and goes to Album and does not find the images he've just taken ('cause they are still being processed)).
Yeah, I was thinking about that background images-not-present problem.. what about a yellow bar that tells them that images are still being processed, so might not be available for a few moments?

Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
what about a yellow bar that tells them that images are still being processed, so might not be available for a few moments?
yes, it's possible.
another variant is to place a preview image (the one displayed after taking the photo and before processing) in the album, with some text over it saying that the image is being processed.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Please try to play with White Balance setting. That is what influences color conversion.
A few tests show that different settings do not yield obviously different results. At least not on my n900. The green cast also occurs in gstreamer web streams so I guess it is sensor based.

great programme tho...

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
great program btw.One request though, in lowlight conditions there is a slight problem with finding the right focus, and sometimes the pictures come out yellow or blue or have some red pixel artifacts on them!Is that something that can be fixed in future updates?

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
great program btw.One request though, in lowlight conditions there is a slight problem with finding the right focus, and sometimes the pictures come out yellow or blue or have some red pixel artifacts on them!Is that something that can be fixed in future updates?
Thank you. We use standard camera focus function, so I doubt we can improve it. Red pixels - those are "hot pixels" on the sensor, we will add filtering for this in future versions.

Anyone else having no luck getting it to run using power kernel? I just get a crash back to the desktop, and the original camera app is also not working either.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by heelio View Post
Anyone else having no luck getting it to run using power kernel? I just get a crash back to the desktop, and the original camera app is also not working either.
Hello heelio,

i think you need to reinstall the latest fcam drivers from devel
as it fixes this issue with the power kernel. This is also mentioned
in some threads, try a search.

Blues

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
tried that. How do I uninstall those fcam drivers, as they seem to have totally trashed my built-in camera function (now I get "operation failed" every time that app launches). I uninstalled blessn900, as when it's installed and I launch it, it just sits there doing nothing...

Tags
camera, nokia n900