Active Topics

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
video of folders in action.

don't know if it was already posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9QyX...layer_embedded

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mft View Post
Bummer. I've been hoping for lockscreen music controls for a while now. Any idea if those controls are accessible to developers?
I'd guess these are separate QML apps which will be available in N9 release. Similar to what was with N950 first betas when games were missing.

The Following User Says Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Don't know if you have seen it before, but check it out:

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/t5/M...s/td-p/1284985

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
Don't know if you have seen it before, but check it out:

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/t5/M...s/td-p/1284985
Thanx man, aren't I glad I asked for more, now I'm gonna keep coming here until I get mine

By the way can auto-brightness be cancelled?

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-01-29 at 21:15.

Question about mail-client... Can you edit/add "real" User for sender?

Like "Catbus <catbus@catbus.org>"

This is not working for gmail in PR1.1...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I haven't really understood everything about the option for threaded mails. Thanks if someone can clarify better.

Those mails that are part of a thread/converstion appear fine.

What I don't understand is the meaning of some single mails appear with the blue line on the left side (as if they are unread). In general, all of them are on a date before the update and I cannot mark them as read.

Do I miss something?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I'm not certain that this is new, but I noticed you can configure which types of notifications appear for facebook and twitter:

Offtopic:

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
If you press-and-hold on text, the start/end markers appear. At this point, you can drag either of the markers. When dragging the markers, the magnifier appears and the text between them is highlighted. You can then select 'copy' from the popup.
Thanks marxian, but what about in fenix, the mail client? Press-and-hold does nothing on my device, does it work for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I haven't tested Open Video Player with PR1.2, but when testing cuteTube (which also uses QML Video element) with PR1.2 I found that playing the 480p YouTube videos causes a segfault if the aspect ratio is 16:9. The output is

Code:
map_buffer: buffer not aligned: 0x41bec5a0-0x41cb6da0
virtual uchar* QGStreamerGLTextureBuffer::map(QAbstractVideoBuffer::MapMode, int*, int*) acquire-frame failed 0 
Segmentation fault
I think now I have no choice but to use the stock video player for downloaded videos in cuteTube. The story of the QML Video element just goes from bad to worse. It's unusable in Symbian, far from perfect in Maemo5, and now I find that, quite apart from the terrible scaling issues (which seem to have improved somewhat in PR1.2), it is now unstable in Harmattan.
The one great feature of OVP has is to play the videos in the background (great for when listening to music that I downloaded from youtube )

A good work around for this issue for me is having ffmpeg and convert them to m4a or mp3, like cutetube does on the N900.
I found out that there is a ffmpeg in one of the repositories (i think rzr's repo) but somehow, I couldn't get this to work :/

I found out that the headphone bug is solved.
On PR1.1: If you turn on your phone while your headphones are plugged in, the phone doesn't detect your headphones and the sound/music will come out of the phone speaker.
Seems to be fixed in PR1.2

I also find it pretty annoying that everytime when I boot my phone, the "sim option icon" will show up in the menu, even if I put it in a folder, it will be outside of it again once you reboot the phone.
See screenshot which icon I mean (the last icon with the simcard logo on it)
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
2) Now that we have support for Front Camera, does Skpe support video call?
Anyone with the N950 or with the idea care to clarify what sort of support does the front camera now have please? Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post: