Active Topics

Poll: would you like to have BackTrack 5 on your n900?
Poll Options
would you like to have BackTrack 5 on your n900?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
The resized image didnt work for me, the link you posted ive followed it but it keeps telling me there no space left on my output image to copy everything. Guess I have to make it a little bigger?

Originally Posted by SuperDumb View Post
Link to image
It is the original img, just resized to work on vfat.
Edit : Lol it could be that there is a password for unzipping the img. If so, its maemo .
Had tested 7zip with password.
link is dead can anybody else reupload it please will add it to my dropbox account an post link aswell !!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
The resized image didnt work for me, the link you posted ive followed it but it keeps telling me there no space left on my output image to copy everything. Guess I have to make it a little bigger?
Sounds like a good guess

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
link is dead can anybody else reupload it please will add it to my dropbox account an post link aswell !!
I m uploading it to filesonic but its gonna take a while since i m on 1mbit upload
Edit:I ve just checked the link, its working fine. Give it another shot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gi0 For This Useful Post:
i keep getting this error its been same messgae since yesterday ?

The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

what size is the new image then ??

Originally Posted by Gi0 View Post
Sounds like a good guess

I m uploading it to filesonic but its gonna take a while since i m on 1mbit upload
Edit:I ve just checked the link, its working fine. Give it another shot.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Greece
Then ones i ve tried (SuperDump's and the xperia boards one) are ~3,4GB and ~3.2GB respectivly. But i didnt use my 4GB sd card, i copied em in MyDocs folder and used /mnt/bt5 to mount them, all in eMMC
I m still uploading, just in case, but the file is still there.Will post a filesonic link later

i take it nobody has got it booted from sd yet, wud be nice to have it as a standalone os.

just had an idea. not near my computer to try it though. im gonna try the same process with a regular ubuntu arm image and see if the keyboard problem persists. if it works we can troubleshoot in reverse. still wont be home till later on tonight though if anyone gets bored and wants to give it a go..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxxdout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shanewalsh247 View Post
i take it nobody has got it booted from sd yet, wud be nice to have it as a standalone os.
would be cool. but seeing as our maemo drivers are already patched for injection im really pushing the chroot idea.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Odd. Even after making the image smaller myself, im still getting

Code:
mount: mounting /var/run/pulse on /mnt/bt5/var/run/pulse failed: No such file or directory
Everything set up, running chroot...
chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: Exec format error

Originally Posted by fabfour View Post
well im a noob but i want to learn
so i follow this guide and everithing is fine

some remarks for noobs like me
1) u have to pre install rootfs easy-chroot and a vnc client ( i choose presence vnc ) and p7zip-full
2) the dowload and unzip take a long time cos I have only my dearer N900 to connect to internet and as computer
4) I follow all the steps from this guide and i have some errors that i have succesfully resolve by a little bit of googling around
5) I had also 1 error from the image : missing directory var/lib/pulse or whatever but i just mkdir this ( in chroot) and fixed
6) the step vncserver -geometry 800x470 : its better to edit the file /usr/bin/startvnc and change it there)

ok now i have that seems a ubuntu look alike ( thanks to the op and mr qole) with pentesting environment). I have to figure now how to play with all the stuff and how i can inject packets
thanks superdumb
thank you for step 5, that worked.

now i got one further error:
chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: Exec format error

can someone help me?

i do understand to check the file permissions is something like:
ls -l /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Sep 29 2010 /bin/sh -> busybox

but i don't know what i'm doing

thank you in advance

Last edited by windows7; 2011-05-15 at 17:43.