Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2014
#1
Dear N900 fans!

I would like to use cutetube or cutetube 2 but neither works. Cutetube cannot find anything, cutetube 2 says no stream ... I already read all the forum post but non of those can solve the problem.

Please help me.

Thanks.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to dedista For This Useful Post:
Wasmachinemann-NL's Avatar
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
#2
Wait until the Cutetube dev updates it, YT/Google tends to break sh*t when they change something on their side.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Apr 2016
#3
Cutetube2 for Meego and Symbian Belle working OK (tested now). Very probably not the issue of YT/Google.
 
Wasmachinemann-NL's Avatar
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
#4
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Cutetube2 for Meego and Symbian Belle working OK (tested now). Very probably not the issue of YT/Google.
It works fine for me too, but some vids like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbAUwi4D3Ew don't, probably because copyright stuff.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 616 | Thanked: 2,015 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
#5
Originally Posted by dedista View Post
Dear N900 fans!

I would like to use cutetube or cutetube 2 but neither works. Cutetube cannot find anything, cutetube 2 says no stream ... I already read all the forum post but non of those can solve the problem.

Please help me.

Thanks.
It's a bit confusing for the not-yet-initiated. Cutetube (the original) stopped working due to YouTube changes and is no longer maintained . It has been supplanted by cutetube2 which is still maintained.

And as noted above, a number of videos don't work at all with cutetube2 due, I understand, to problems implementing a secure connection (https, I think) that YouTube requires for some but not all vids. Why YouTube does this and does it selectivly, I don't understand.
 
Posts: 3,024 | Thanked: 12,563 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
#6
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
It's a bit confusing for the not-yet-initiated. Cutetube (the original) stopped working due to YouTube changes and is no longer maintained . It has been supplanted by cutetube2 which is still maintained.

And as noted above, a number of videos don't work at all with cutetube2 due, I understand, to problems implementing a secure connection (https, I think) that YouTube requires for some but not all vids. Why YouTube does this and does it selectivly, I don't understand.
And the fix is http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1506

with the latest cutetube2 (0.2.5), latest qyoutube (0.1.8) and the fix from above I am yet to see unplayable video on youtube
__________________
Never fear. I is here.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,076 | Thanked: 1,556 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
#7
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
And the fix is http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1506

with the latest cutetube2 (0.2.5), latest qyoutube (0.1.8) and the fix from above I am yet to see unplayable video on youtube
Any video presented is playable so far, but most search returns for music etc get a 'No streams available for' error when selected.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2014
#8
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
And the fix is http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1506

with the latest cutetube2 (0.2.5), latest qyoutube (0.1.8) and the fix from above I am yet to see unplayable video on youtube
Unfortunatelly it is not working. The Cutetube was one of the best maemo app.

Any other solution?
 
Posts: 616 | Thanked: 2,015 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
#9
Originally Posted by dedista View Post
Unfortunatelly it is not working. The Cutetube was one of the best maemo app.

Any other solution?
Do you get the 'no stream' error for every video? For me this only happens for some, e.g. vevo videos.

Can you share your geographic location with us? Maybe someone near you has seen the same problem and perhaps solved it.
 
Posts: 3,024 | Thanked: 12,563 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
#10
Originally Posted by dedista View Post
Unfortunatelly it is not working. The Cutetube was one of the best maemo app.

Any other solution?
could you post the versions of cutetube2, qyoutube and libsoup
__________________
Never fear. I is here.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

 

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28.