Active Topics

Notices

Hello. I just want some advice - I am happy with my N900 and Maemo but I cannot seem to find a satisfactory syncing solution. I have been using Google Calendar and tasks syncing by using Neuvasync which worked fine. However this has now stopped working and Neuvasync support have been unable to sort with N900 not making contact with their servers (I had paid for basic service).

What I want is a recommendation on the best syncing solution preferably on the web but failing that working with my Linux (Ubuntu) desktop.
Grateful for advice - this seems to be surprisingly challenging or looks it from my web searching. I am prepared to pay but would prefer not too.

Erminig is a great solution for syncing calendars.

The Following User Says Thank You to argus For This Useful Post:
Well it might be however I cannot install it.
And I cannot seem to create new catalogues. After creating extras catalogue simply does not save. Nor do I have any catalogues showing?

It is my biggest gripe against the N900 and the popular Linux distributions, that none of them seems to be interested in providing a calender-contacts-todo synchronization between a PC and a cell-phone.

paai

The Following User Says Thank You to paai For This Useful Post:
Yes this is a bit of an issue for the N900 and it really surprises and disappoints me. All the possible solutions from what I see seem to have issues.
I have decided to accept it is not doable and live without it. At least until an effective solution appears.

Paul