Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
What about this bug: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85609?

It it fixed in PR1.3 for N950?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
What about this bug: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85609?

It it fixed in PR1.3 for N950?
If you mean minor cosmetic feature which is not bug and which only happens in a developer device, then the answer is that of course it's not fixed. And as it's not critical bug in N9 then that feature will remain there.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So does anybody have a tested guide to update an N950 to PR1.3 without completly bricking it?

I tried the N9 repo way and I got an N950 that auto uninstalls every deb package it could find. Even the lockscreen was uninstalled after some minutes.
After reflashing PR1.2 I had a working system but I can't use my SIM card because anything fails everytime I try to flash PR1.2 again. No no mobile internet connect, messages or telephone functions.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by XenGi View Post
So does anybody have a tested guide to update an N950 to PR1.3 without completly bricking it?

I tried the N9 repo way and I got an N950 that auto uninstalls every deb package it could find. Even the lockscreen was uninstalled after some minutes.
After reflashing PR1.2 I had a working system but I can't use my SIM card because anything fails everytime I try to flash PR1.2 again. No no mobile internet connect, messages or telephone functions.
0. I Take No Responsibility For Anything.
In any case do not install mp-harmattan-001-pr package!

1. Make a backup.
2. Add N9 repo.
Code:
dpkg -r mp-harmattan-rm680-pr
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
5. When upgrade process finishes:
type this in Terminal (SSH prefered):
http://pastebin.com/CgrLRZud
You may have to apt-get install some other installed packages. You're doing this to fix apt-get autoremove, otherwise It'll wipe your OS.
6. Congrats, you may safely reboot the N950 .

Last edited by arcean; 2012-07-24 at 18:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Wow, that's probably not a good idea. I am sure Nokia has a newer build than the publicly released one, maybe we should try asking them for it!

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Wow, that's probably not a good idea. I am sure Nokia has a newer build than the publicly released one, maybe we should try asking them for it!
You mean asking Nokia for thr N950 version of PR1.3? I don't think there is one. The last people working on any MeeGo specific had just enough time to publish PR1.3 in a rush. I don't think there is anybody inside Nokia who has a PR1.3 or even pre PR1.3 for our dev phone. And even if there is someone we won't get it.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by XenGi View Post
You mean asking Nokia for thr N950 version of PR1.3? I don't think there is one. The last people working on any MeeGo specific had just enough time to publish PR1.3 in a rush. I don't think there is anybody inside Nokia who has a PR1.3 or even pre PR1.3 for our dev phone. And even if there is someone we won't get it.
Please do your research there is a beta PR1.3 for the N950 just not publicly released.... though I'm sure if someone was inclined enough they could find it.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Please do your research there is a beta PR1.3 for the N950 just not publicly released.... though I'm sure if someone was inclined enough they could find it.
There have to be one because there is a final, but nothing got released.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
That's my point. I'm emailing the one employee I can find from the meego team that linked-in says works there still. I know they have the beta update for 1.3 internally, if they are planning to release it soon then I think you guys should wait. If they're not planning to release it soon, I think you guys should wait. I will not say more.

Btw they can't just fire everyone from the team, if there is a critical security flaw or huge bug found they still need to fix it.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-07-24 at 21:05.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
Here is my experience guys:

Added the N9 repo from N9QT
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get upgrade

On reboot, disclaimer appears saying modded fw, but this can be fixed prior to the update. Fix can be found on these forums

The fw version, although being PR 1.3, is still signed as 1.2. Therefore, reflashable. I have done this on my own device. No issues have been found.

Edit: I have used the OCF again, and it fails to flash cmt-mcusw

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055
Dev Alpha C - 10.2.1.1055

Last edited by MFaroTusino; 2012-08-09 at 13:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MFaroTusino For This Useful Post: