Closed Thread
Hi, I´m new to Mer, whre can i get the gdebi to install deb applications in Mer and where can i get alsam because i have no sound.
tanks

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
The Media Player provides "Genres" playlists automatically based on the metadata of the audio files. The community application http://maemo.org/packages/view/mussorgsky/ allows you to edit the metadata in the device itself. Currently in extras-devel (alpha-ish) and hopefully available in Extras soon.
I use bashpodder.sh to download various NPR podcasts to my home media system. This puts the podcasts for each day in a directory named YYYY-MM-DD with a file named podcast.m3u, which is just a list of the mp3 filenames.

I modified bashpodder.sh to scp the directory to my n810 running OS2008. When I browse to the day directory with the OS2008 Media Player, and tap the podcast.m3u file, the Media Player interprets it as a playlist. Does the n900 media player not have a similar feature?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Rhode Island
I don't know if I am blind but I can't find where to update add my avatar. Can anyone help?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by gideonvalor View Post
I don't know if I am blind but I can't find where to update add my avatar. Can anyone help?
Click on "Control Panel" at the right of the screen then select "Edit Avitar".

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Rhode Island
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Click on "Control Panel" at the right of the screen then select "Edit Avitar".
Check the screenie, don't seem to have that option? I'm in Firefox.
Attached Images

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I believe you need to have posted a few more times before that option becomes available.

To the forum administrator: Is it possible to set things up so that the link isn't hidden, but when clicked on there is an explanation that this option will only become available after X posts? I have seen a few new users caught out be the fact that the option is just completely hidden with no explanation.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by BaKSo View Post
what is (until the current date) the confirmed use of the front camera? can it take a photos at all?
The camera on the back is quite good for taking pictures. The camera on front is meant to use as a webcam, hence the quality is worse.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Not only that, but there are two different wikis employed.
Are there? If so, I am interested in the URLs of them...

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jeev View Post
Hi, I´m new to Mer, whre can i get the gdebi to install deb applications in Mer and where can i get alsam because i have no sound.
tanks
I don't think that installing alsa simply fixes your sound issues. A first help would be if you could mention your hardware and version, but that's probably easier to do in the "Mer released" thread where you posted the same question...

Originally Posted by xiph View Post
Hello out there.

Just wonder why there are two different login systems for talk.maemo.org and the other maemo.org sites like Development, Community etc?
I had to create a new account for talk.maemo.org.
I was wondering this too, until I remembered how much of a pita running a single user database for multiple wikis, forums, etc can be.

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted